Pompey / Villa

If Neil Dawson's inside news on Ake from another thread turns out to be true at least we have a ready made replacement available to come back on the strength of a good run of fixtures.

If not, Mings will be a man in demand this summer so we can hopefully get a very good fee for him even if Villa don't go up.

In Professional Baseball, each of the major league teams maintain/fund minor league teams at all levels. Young players typically start at "A-ball" and then if progression is earned, will go up to "double-A" and "triple-A". Some then come up to the majors. Occasionally, "Four-A" players are identified. Star level at triple-A but not having the necessary skills to cut it in the majors. They typically bounce back and forth, but don't ever build a major league career.

Have to wonder if Tyrone is a "Four-A" type. However, you can't teach size and so I would like to see him back, or otherwise sold on for the big fee suggested in the Perfect Summer thread. I don't think another loan does anything for us at this stage.

I don;t think ability is in question, and he certainly has the strength and desire. Just whether his body will actually carry him around. Added to that unless he has a great pre-season or there are transfers out he'll have hell of a job getting ahead of Ake, Cook, and Mepham. If that were the case next season who would you rather see get maybe a dozen appearances off the bench and in the cups, Simpson or Mings??

Although maybe if Simpson gets a Championship loan to a side that will play him regularly then I'd take Mings even as 4th choice. After all he is also quite an option from the bench, a big old unit in either box, just needs 100 goals in 600 appearances and well ... ...

I think, and I am speculating, that Mings is probably 'damaged goods' in Howe's eyes?

He seems to be a good fit for Villa, he obviously enjoys their adulation and they want him to stay and being wanted is probably key to a players form and motivation. We have seen that with the likes of Francis and Arter in our past under Eddie?

If we can get 10 million for Tyrone then we should take the money and move on.

If Neil Dawson's inside news on Ake from another thread turns out to be true at least we have a ready made replacement available to come back on the strength of a good run of fixtures.

If not, Mings will be a man in demand this summer so we can hopefully get a very good fee for him even if Villa don't go up.
Sorry, been out of the loop this weekend. What's the news/which thread is it in?

;