Poor game and performance

That was so bad it is hard to know where to start. Billing Big Cook and Ake were ok, probably worthy of a six out of ten if you’re generous. Danjuma looked decent when he came on, actually tried to make something happen. No other player even deserves a five out of ten tbh.

Attacking players were all horrendous; everyone else was average to good. I couldn’t see their attacks down the south end but we kept the clean sheet so alls good there i suppose? Billing my MoM, L. Cook was fine but I thought we missed Lerma.

With the injuries they have at the back, to not even look like scoring a goal is a fucking shambles.

I must be weird because I enjoyed that second half. Not many clear cut chances but frantic end to end football at times with either side looking like they could have snatched it. We did well to keep that Pukki quiet

I thought Solanke was poor but Wilson was worse and we lost our shape after Solanke went off.

Harry Wilson lucky to start and will be even luckier if he starts next week.

FFS - that is all

Harry Wilson what does he actually do?

Fraser still sauntering around like he is Maradona (in his later years).

Another game against a promoted side, where we were unable to lift our game. Yet, we all know if those same 11 players crossed the line in two weeks against Man Utd, suddenly the effort and tempo would be raised several notches. Why?

FFS - that is all

Harry Wilson what does he actually do?

Fraser still sauntering around like he is Maradona (in his later years).

Another game against a promoted side, where we were unable to lift our game. Yet, we all know if those same 11 players crossed the line in two weeks against Man Utd, suddenly the effort and tempo would be raised several notches. Why?
This was another one of those games where it seemed as though our players thought “80% effort should do it against this lot”. I think this is the root cause of our inconsistency. There’s an inconsistency in attitude and effort which then reflects in the performances.

I’m sorry lads but for the money you’re on and the pampering you receive it needs to be 100% effort every time, no excuses, whoever the opposition.
:rant:

Another home match with poor individual performances, a lack of movement off the ball, outworked by the opposition.

Defence did their job, midfield overrun and playing too deep, the attacking threat was powder puff and no one could hold up the ball.

Another bad day at the office.

;