Positive thread.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Held them quite comfortably for 70 minutes.
A fine rearguard action, which sadly we couldn't complete.
Thought Callum should have scored 1st half.

Positives.
Rico. Someone who can put a pin point cross in, whether dead ball or on the run.

Lerma, strong, determined, but still plenty to learn. He will be a great player once he beds in.

Frano. We keep writing him off, but he puts in a shift for the cause as ever.

All in all, It was nice to go to Chelsea and expect a decent result.
It didn't happen, but nothing to fret about.

Only watched the second half but I'd agree with most of this.

With a few more sensible refereeing decisions (being kind) we might well have pulled it off. Nice to see us being able to play tactically anyway, rather than being forced to do the single thing we can and getting beat. Seems like we've got the squad to be able to play 3 or 4 different ways which is good.

Only watched the second half but I'd agree with most of this.

With a few more sensible refereeing decisions (being kind) we might well have pulled it off. Nice to see us being able to play tactically anyway, rather than being forced to do the single thing we can and getting beat. Seems like we've got the squad to be able to play 3 or 4 different ways which is good.

I don't knock refs as a rule, but he did bottle a couple of decisions.

A game of missed chances from both sides. If we'd been better at taking them we could have got something from the game. If they'd been better it could have been embarrassing. Still gave them a decent game though. Finishing needs sharpening.

We played well but the speed and accuracy of Chelsea’s passing was a joy to watch at times. Kante and Hazard seem to have the ball stuck to their feet at times.

Positives.
Rico. Someone who can put a pin point cross in, whether dead ball or on the run.

Lerma, strong, determined, but still plenty to learn. He will be a great player once he beds in.

Ake missed a chance right in front of goal from a corner too

We played well but the speed and accuracy of Chelsea’s passing was a joy to watch at times. Kante and Hazard seem to have the ball stuck to their feet at times.

Made us, a good side, look very average.

Very impressed by them; can you imagine what they would have done to MK Dongs?

A game of missed chances from both sides. If we'd been better at taking them we could have got something from the game. If they'd been better it could have been embarrassing. Still gave them a decent game though. Finishing needs sharpening.

Don’t disagree but I think this is very much a fans perspective rather than reality

Every side misses chances. Commentators with their “he must score” language mislead a lot of fans. Putting the ball in the net is difficult - the hardest skill in football. It’s why the top strikers go for £50+ million. If every team scored their sitters then every game would be 7-5

Positives.

Great summary.

Positives.

Yes, agree 100% and love the attitude.

Lot of positives to take out of the game, we weren’t disgraced and could have had a draw. If we continue to build, it will be a decent season. But I agree with everyone who have already said that we must take the chances, they are few and far in between.

Won’t comment on the coach trip up there, traffic was horrendous!

It was tense and exciting. We did well. I enjoyed it. I don't recall the last time we had two new players in the team at once.

I'm not downhearted. They are going to be in with a decent shout at the title and we held our own for much of the game. Only 4 games in but Chelsea and Spurs are looking like the ones to watch.

First five I thought Rico and Lerma looked a little nervy but settled. Can see why Lerma is going to pick up cards, but the one he got could be seen as clever. These games are always a bonus, expect nothing and rejoice in anything better! Rico looks like he’s got a great left leg on him, the ball in for Wilson’s chance was superb. I think that Lerma will make a big difference for us, incredibly tough game to come in for your league debut against one of the best midfields in the league. Will be very interesting to see how they settle in over the coming months.

;