Positives and Negatives

kirsikka

UTC Legend
--- Positives ---

- Ramsdale. I've been critical of him in recent weeks for not keeping us in games with unexpected saves. Well he delivered in quantity today. Brilliant performance.

- First half. Until they scored we looked by far the better team, even if they had some good chances.

- King looked up for it when he was on. C Wilson at least looked interested and won some headers although nothing seemed to drop. In fact, there were a smattering of decent performances through the XI. In fact, apart from a couple of notables, nobody was absolutely terrible which is a step up on some of our previous weeks. Nowhere near good enough overall though.

--- Negatives ---

- Obviously no points and two goals damage to our goal difference. We're now relying on snookers of snookers. It doesn't get starker or more negative than that.

- That second half. We were on top in the first and should have come out fighting, despite trailing. Instead we came out and let them dominate us for most of the 45. So disappointing.

- Rico. For a man who is supposed to have a good delivery on him I don't think I've ever seen such a succession of terrible corners and free kicks. If he can't get one out of all of them into the danger zone he shouldn't be taking them.

- Add to that pretty much all set pieces and corners. What on earth happened to our creativity at these? There was a point when we had these choreographed dead ball setups that were admired by pundits. They were broken down and analysed on football shows to show how clever they were. Short, long, all sorts. Now we go with lump it high and floaty so the keeper can get it or it goes beyond everyone almost every single time. It's bizarre.

- Brooks. Totally off the pace in the first half. Obviously the tactics of going longer more weren't suited to his game but sometimes you need to muck in and make a difference even if it isn't your game. I didn't think it could get much worse when he was subbed.

-Harry Wilson. Quite simply the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen from a Bournemouth player since Marcos Painter. To give him all his full credit, he made one very good tackle down the line to stop a breakaway. Apart from that he gave the ball away, he didn't cover his man, he gave away a really stupid penalty, he dithered over his late shot, he tried to score from a promising position for us with some kind of Ronaldinho effort that ended up looking ridiculous, he tried to dribble out of defence and lost it in a dangerous position. I could go on. Genuinely appalling.

- Half hearted defending (not necessarily from the defenders) after our goal was disallowed. I know it was a huge blow. Massive. You can't just stroll about and leave all the defending to a few though. That second goal could still send us down and it was a ridiculous one to let in.

- C Wilson. I know offsides happen but if you're an international striker you shouldn't be offside from the first flick on of a set piece. That's Striker ABC.

-Harry Wilson. he tried to score from a promising position for us with some kind of Ronaldinho effort that ended up looking ridiculous,
/QUOTE]

I actually thought that was an attempted cross, either way it was ridiculous and if he makes it as a Premier League player I will be amazed.....unless the new substitution rules allow rolling subs in which case bringing him on for free kicks will establish him as a top flight player for years.

Thought of another positive, Danny Ings evidently has something of a soft spot/conscience about our plight and gave us a chance (which we of course didn’t take) but still didn’t make our goal difference worse than it might have been.

I think we should put another defeat down to Eddie's team selection.
Does he think too much and tries to complicate things?
We needed to win that game and he put out a timid line up.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack.
We had nothing to lose.

I think we should put another defeat down to Eddie's team selection.
Does he think too much and tries to complicate things?
We needed to win that game and he put out a timid line up.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack.
We had nothing to lose.

I think it was actually a move to simplify things.

The switch in the Leicester game was when we matched their system. Southampton have been a an out and out 4-4-2 keep it simple team for quite some time now.

He matched them up, clearly told them you can go direct, you can get crosses in, you can shoot from distance and you can get men forward.

It was a system and formation which is as simple as it can get.

I think it was actually a move to simplify things.

The switch in the Leicester game was when we matched their system. Southampton have been a an out and out 4-4-2 keep it simple team for quite some time now.

He matched them up, clearly told them you can go direct, you can get crosses in, you can shoot from distance and you can get men forward.

It was a system and formation which is as simple as it can get.
I posted the other day that we would probably go more direct because of their pressing but I didn't expect it to become constant.

I posted the other day that we would probably go more direct because of their pressing but I didn't expect it to become constant.

we were like 80's wimbledon today! hoofing, long throws, the lot

Looking forward to meeting up with some of my favourite clubs.. to make up for not playing Burnley and Watford ( maybe).. the great Stoke City....Ipswich and Charlton hopefully too ...but Stoke ..Great place .. Great people !

If Eddie goes I'd like to see a shift....to maybe Pulis or Big Sam.... with someone like Pugh as assistant with a view to take over after a couple years of the defence being sorted properly.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of my favourite clubs.. to make up for not playing Burnley and Watford ( maybe).. the great Stoke City....Ipswich and Charlton hopefully too ...but Stoke ..Great place .. Great people !
Stoke ??? Are you bloody sure ??? Have you been up there lately ? Met a few of their new breed of supporters?

Stoke ??? Are you bloody sure ??? Have you been up there lately ? Met a few of their new breed of supporters?

Went there several times for our matches and stayed with friends in nearby Newcastle- under - Lyme..for weekends ....great people...a bit too Left Wing some of them....but the Stokey Humour...and the publife was Fantastic . There are no more friendly people than Stokies other than Geordie's.
The most Unfriendly place I found was Bristol....Ignorant barstewards!
Maybe it takes a certain gregarious type like me to 'get' the Stoke Vibes !

Went there several times for our matches and stayed with friends in nearby Newcastle- under - Lyme..for weekends ....great people...a bit too Left Wing some of them....but the Stokey Humour...and the publife was Fantastic . There are no more friendly people than Stokies other than Geordie's.
The most Unfriendly place I found was Bristol....Ignorant barstewards!
Maybe it takes a certain gregarious type like me to 'get' the Stoke Vibes !

how can someone be too left wing?!

;