Positives and Negatives

kirsikka

UTC Legend
--- Positives ---

- We got the win. That's all we could do today even if Everton were the absolute epitome of a team on the beach

- Good tactical setup in the first half. Left us very exposed when Everton went forward but the risk-reward balance was right on this occasion and Everton didn't fancy playing against the energetic pressing one bit

- Excellent free kick for the goal and a couple of other decent set piece crosses in there as well. It's taken until the final game since the resumption to do it but at least we got it sorted.

- Great to see Solanke score another, even if Lerma tried to claim it. Hopefully that sets him up well for next season as there's a distinct chance he could be the main striker as we try to clear the decks.

- Ramsdale made a few good interventions when called upon as well. Nice to see him back to his pre-lockdown performance levels

--- Negatives ---
(I'll say first that I'm only focusing on what happened in our game so I won't talk of what might have been on other days.)

- I don't know what it is but somehow our left back seems to be the most exposed position. Almost every attacking threat that Everton had came from there in both halfs. I can't pinpoint if it's Rico or the players around him but something isn't working there as it should.

- Wilson should have scored one of those chances. That might be a bit picky as it was an otherwise excellent centre forward performance from him

.... that's it really. We did our job today.

Less sad than I thought I'd feel. We've gave our all at the end and I'm proud of massively proud of the 5 seasons we've stayed up. 1/4 of my life we've been a premier League club which is a pretty mad stat.

--- Positives ---

- We got the win. That's all we could do today even if Everton were the absolute epitome of a team on the beach

- Good tactical setup in the first half. Left us very exposed when Everton went forward but the risk-reward balance was right on this occasion and Everton didn't fancy playing against the energetic pressing one bit

- Excellent free kick for the goal and a couple of other decent set piece crosses in there as well. It's taken until the final game since the resumption to do it but at least we got it sorted.

- Great to see Solanke score another, even if Lerma tried to claim it. Hopefully that sets him up well for next season as there's a distinct chance he could be the main striker as we try to clear the decks.

- Ramsdale made a few good interventions when called upon as well. Nice to see him back to his pre-lockdown performance levels

--- Negatives ---
(I'll say first that I'm only focusing on what happened in our game so I won't talk of what might have been on other days.)

- I don't know what it is but somehow our left back seems to be the most exposed position. Almost every attacking threat that Everton had came from there in both halfs. I can't pinpoint if it's Rico or the players around him but something isn't working there as it should.

- Wilson should have scored one of those chances. That might be a bit picky as it was an otherwise excellent centre forward performance from him

.... that's it really. We did our job today.

We were open at the back because we had to push forward to win the game. Brooks had another shocker.

I feel the season breaking saved villa and Brighton, they benefitted massively from the re group time, we just started to put some proformances together and had we not had the break we might of got something from palace and Newcastle games, whether the club tried for friendlies is unknown but maybe they took a gamble that some of our players were too fragile for competitive match

I feel the season breaking saved villa and Brighton, they benefitted massively from the re group time, we just started to put some proformances together and had we not had the break we might of got something from palace and Newcastle games, whether the club tried for friendlies is unknown but maybe they took a gamble that some of our players were too fragile for competitive match

I think the fans could potentially have had an impact too, especially vs Palace. The crowd would’ve at least inspired a good 20 minutes at the end you’d think.

Any team worth playing would not have been COVID tested. We were limited by the distance permitted

Oh, I thought of another negative.

Not giving Ake a 30 second run out at the end. The game was won and we had a sub window in hand. Even though there would be no crowd to say goodbye it would still have felt like a classy thing to do somehow.

Feel surprisingly OK - we showed some skill and fight, that’s all you could ask for today and bodes well for next season. We didn’t get relegated by today’s match. For me we lost it around Christmas. Some of those spineless performances don’t bear thinking about, Brighton away, anyone?
But proud of the boys today. Let’s take that into match one next season!

Trip advisor: an enjoyable place for a short trip, but wouldn't recommend staying too long and I probably wouldn't return for a few years.........but return I will.

;