pre-season friendlies

yesyescherry

UTC Legend
looks like we’re going to get our info from other clubs announcing their fixtures with us

salisbury (a) 24/07 at 7.45pm

I'll put our Caribbean trip on hold and explain to the missus she's doing M&S in Salisbury for starters;)

1022115_pic_2104px_05-07-2016.jpg

Usually a dev team game vs Salisbury now compared to a decent game back when they were in the national league

I've only been there once, got well beaten 3-1, they had a decent looking lad up front called Matt Tubbs, looked a real prospect.

We had a trialist from the Wessex League up front called Charlie Austin, didn't really do much

I find it odd that COWS is never the first place this information comes from. Always seems to go to Twitter / Facebook first

Last edited:
Can we please get a friendly against a club at a similar level?
Somebody from the Bundesliga or La Liga?
Is it because they all think we're tinpot, or because our club doesn't want to travel abroad for a friendly?
We've seen this before; we get all excited based on so-so performances in the preseason, and then we lose to West Brom in the first real game of the season.

Is it because they all think we're tinpot, or because our club doesn't want to travel abroad for a friendly?
We've seen this before; we get all excited based on so-so performances in the preseason, and then we lose to West Brom in the first real game of the season.

In the last couple of years, from memory, we have played Napoli, Valencia and Hoffenheim. Not a bad selection.

Attachments

• get-attachment-1.jpeg
    get-attachment-1.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 14

;