pre season training camp, spain

If the flight from Bournemouth on the 20th arrived a few hours earlier I could have gone. Flights leaving the previous day now going for over two hundred quid.

For those of you thinking of going to Barcelona, take your swimming things and visit the open air Olympic Pool in Montjuic Park, just down the road from the Olympic Stadium. When I last went the facilities were quite basic but the spectacular setting and its view across the city is unique. Great place to swim and lounge about.

You’ll recognise the adjacent diving pool because it has been used in umpteen photo shoots.

The view from that pool is something else. Likewise the walk up from the Placa d'Espana (loads of cheap restaurants and bars nearby ) to the Olympic park. Shame about the flight prices.

For those of you thinking of going to Barcelona, take your swimming things and visit the open air Olympic Pool in Montjuic Park, just down the road from the Olympic Stadium. When I last went the facilities were quite basic but the spectacular setting and its view across the city is unique. Great place to swim and lounge about.

You’ll recognise the adjacent diving pool because it has been used in umpteen photo shoots.

The Old Fashioned Gin and Tonic Bar..A must visit.

If the flight from Bournemouth on the 20th arrived a few hours earlier I could have gone. Flights leaving the previous day now going for over two hundred quid.

First Saturday get-away after schools break up unfortunately otherwise would be a nice weekend trip.

Will all the international players like Wilson and ake go on the trip or do they get a longer break?

;