Premier League 22/23

What a great incentive to go all out from the start to pick up some points from the big boys. Let's hope that both Liverpool and Man City are suffering from hangovers brought on by their frenetic efforts at the end of last season.
PS my glass is threequarters full:)

I think maybe after a month into the season...some fans will review whether it's worth the money paid to watch the PL crap. ..bearing in mind the current 'cost of living' aspects.
Might be better going to non- league for a better day out and better value .. just saying like.

As long as we don't get our a#ses handed to us with a load of goals conceded let's get them out of the way. I think this group of players have enough about them to not have their confidence shot to pieces if we suffer a couple of heavy defeats. Expect wet sheets on here though.

I think maybe after a month into the season...some fans will review whether it's worth the money paid to watch the PL crap. ..bearing in mind the current 'cost of living' aspects.
Might be better going to non- league for a better day out and better value .. just saying like.
So what's the point of supporting a team if you don't actually support them

Overall thoughts on the fixtures, looks like the usual, play all teams in our division twice, once at home once away. Just noticed, all those teams are Premier League, some of them amongst the biggest in the World EVER ( They've even added SuperMegaPlanetSized clubs like Leeds and THE Notts Forest, I believe they weren't allowed to compete at the top level for over 2 decades, just because of their share enormity and to give minnows like Liverpool, the Manchesters and some Londoners a chance to catch up ) : )

On a personal note, there's a lot less midweek matches, 3 as opposed to 8 last season. Only one of the three is away and that's only up the road : )
3 of the first 4 away matches are 3 of the 5 longest trips, so the journeys should be in more clement weather : )
One downside is the return to Molineux in the depths of winter, upside, it can't be colder or wetter than last time : )

Let's remember, we're new back in the Premier League and it has added glitz 'n glamour in the form of, not one but two "back where they belong sleeping giants". So if we've only got 6 points from the first 4 matches, please don't get to disheartened, it's a Snickers not a sprint : )

cheer up brian, ffs

20220615_180730.jpg

So what's the point of supporting a team if you don't actually support them

Oh don't fret about that..I'm starting to wonder the sense of it...I battle with my conscience daily about why and whether to remain attached by communicating on this Forum....and living in the past with a stubborn refusal to go with the flow of the modern football ways.
...since I moved from Poole permanently in 94 appearances at DC became progressively less each year ending in only 15 visits in 14-15...and just a few aways after that...then nothing since 15-16 due to my wife's illnesses.
Support in exile ( basically just ' following')..is obviously not comparable to being at the ground and a 'paying support'.....but it's emotionally difficult trying to separate the years of full support in the lower leagues.. and consider oneself now no longer a supporter.
Tbh I can't stand the PL with its VAR...and six or so elite clubs.
Non league is far better value and more fun.

Last edited:
Oh don't fret about that..I'm starting wonder the sense of it...I battle with my conscience daily about why and whether to remain attached by communicating on this Forum....and living in the past with a stubborn refusal to go with the flow of the modern football ways.
...since I moved from Poole permanently in 94 appearances at DC became progressively less each year ending in only 15 visits in 14-15...and just a few aways after that...then nothing since 15-16 due to my wife's illnesses.
Support in exile ( basically just ' following')..is obviously not comparable to being at the ground and a 'paying support'.....but it's emotionally difficult trying to separate the years of full support in the lower leagues.. and consider oneself now no longer a supporter.
Why bother then Brian?
Ride off into the sunset.

Oh don't fret about that..I'm starting wonder the sense of it...I battle with my conscience daily about why and whether to remain attached by communicating on this Forum....and living in the past with a stubborn refusal to go with the flow of the modern football ways.
Thats fine re your personal reasons and circumstances, but why is it more fun at local league level. Me and my mates are not much different at football home or away now to 50 years ago (well apart from the obvious old age !!!!). Different leagues over the decades but same camaraderie.
I hate VAR and wish it wasn't there, as for the so called elite well its so much better when we beat one of them

Such a disappointment there are only 2 midweek games. Would hope for some changes to a Friday or Monday night.
Both Southampton games midweek - we have a 100% winning record I think when we play saints in a night time prem league game?! Conversely not won in an afternoon ko

Absolutely. If you support a team on financial 'value' then its a no-brainer. Thats probably why you think that way.

Is this an official Pre-Flounce Announcement ?Or just a bit of a tease ?

A bit of both....however 'flouncing' ( stupid word) is not in my nature..so it would be just plain Leaving due to boredom or thinking there is not really much point any more because the PL is a crock of sh*t.
I reckon most on here think the same but won't admit it....

Last edited:

;