Promotion potential...

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
...Brentford that is. We are going to be up there, or thereabouts, but we’ve got to manage games a lot better. And I’m not altogether convinced that quick/clever passing in and around the 18 yard box is going to give the return it deserves. There are still times for me when we need to just have a crack at goal from outside the box.

A good game for the neutral, albeit not for us.

Gonna be a right battle for automatic promotion now. Can't see us having the bottle for going up through the playoffs so finishibg in the top two is absolutely crucial

Playing in there half the pitch would help, move the ball quicker, it looked like we had played a couple of days ago, can’t keep playing this slow style at the back

Long way to go but so many drawn games this season, especially after conceding soft goals, may be our undoing for automatic promotion.

Brentford have a semi final coming up which maybe a distraction as Bristol city found a couple of seasons ago.

Christ the doom and gloom merchants on this thread, not even half way through season, and points off top 2 with games in hand, and writing us off.
Brentford a quality side we did well, lost but not going to play teams like that often away

We are three points off second spot depending on the Swansea result.

Also have the best GD in this league and more importantly a home game in hand.

Talking after losing to Brentford we might not be promotion hopefuls still is very premature.

There are 25 more games to go for us and 75 points to play for.

Last edited:
As pointed out above, we're not even half-way through the season yet. Early days everyone, keep the faith.
Must admit though that if we are going to go up, it has to be this season else I fear we'll drift down the table and the leagues.

Some of the players give off the impression that they think they are too good. Collectively I think the team goes onto the pitch expecting the result to take care of itself. That will be our biggest problem.

We got promoted last time by playing excellent football with less talented players, where all players would run through brick walls for each other. This time it's obviously a more talented squad but with a lot of egos.

So if Brentford didn't dominate the games they drew were they lucky and does that not make us a better side?[/QUOTE

Not sure we are debating who is the better side - on their day the cherries imho are the best team re attacking play in the league but we dont win ugly enough.

;