Pughhhh

Great to see him in an AFCB shirt again today, who would have imagined that happening ? Against PL opposition too. Oh, and he won a cup !

Say what you like about our club but we do treat our ex players with the love and respect they deserve.
He is a legend in my eyes.........but what on earth was the point in playing him ,if he is not to be part of the squad ?

Do you know something?
I'm the last to know........but when he is talked about as an "ex" player why play him in a friendly ? Understand the reason to let him train with the club, but is he going to be part of the team for next season ?

At Championship level Pugh probably accepts that he will always be an impact sub at best. Maybe our circumstances have aligned and he’d be happy to come back and be on the fringes at AFCB. Maybe talks have taken place and he is being considered for a ( relatively cheap ) contract for next season. If he’s happy with that, we could do a lot worse. He is a great character and consummate professional who surely still has something to offer.

Love him, he did ok, but it's not the prime Marc Pugh anymore, a few dodgy crosses. I think JT made a statement by getting rid of Surman, Franno and Daniels by saying no one is safe and I don't think Pugh is Championship quality anymore despite my fondness for him.

Love him, he did ok, but it's not the prime Marc Pugh anymore, a few dodgy crosses. I think JT made a statement by getting rid of Surman, Franno and Daniels by saying no one is safe and I don't think Pugh is Championship quality anymore despite my fondness for him.
I’m thinking more of as a squad player initially and as a semi coach for our younger players. If he doesn’t fancy League One football, he might think that a final season in the Championship with the club he loves as a bit part player and to be a good influence and help to the youngsters might be a nice gig. Then maybe next season he could slide into a coaching role with the U21s or U18s ? I think he is married to the area now and this could be a nice gentle step from player to coach at a club he obviously loves.
He’s probably not looking for a big payday and he could be good to have around, for a variety of reasons.

He’s building his fitness with us as he doesn’t have a club effectively on trial so no reason not to play him. I for one would love to get him on a one year contract. The bloke oozes professionalism, even if he just played 10 games having him around the squad can only be a positive thing.

Last edited:
Has Daniels gone?

A top professional and a really nice guy. I don't see any negatives in bringing him back for the season. I think we all know he won't be a regular starter, but his character and positive attitude around training/matchdays would be very welcome!

I've seen/heard several journos saying Daniels was released, although I had the same impression as you.

Officially he's released since his contract ran out and he hasn't been offered a new one yet and so we no longer hold his registration. However, the unofficial version is that we've told him to prove his fitness and may offer him a contract after that.

Since nobody else is likely to sign him whilst he's injured and he has access to our facilities to get back to fitness it makes a lot of sense for all parties.

;