Putting the controversy aside for a moment

northstandmark

UTC Legend
Can we not forget to ask questions as to how we injured Ake and Lerma, our two best players, despite them not playing any football for 2-3 weeks. Players absolutely crucial for a physical game like today.

We can't control referee decisions, but we can control our training and conditioning routines.

Can we not forget to ask questions as to how we injured Ake and Lerma, our two best players, despite them not playing any football for 2-3 weeks. Players absolutely crucial for a physical game like today.

We can't control referee decisions, but we can control our training and conditioning routines.

It just happens. Lerma an old injury that hasn’t healed. Ake ok to play but the new concussion rules prevented him from playing. Could happen any day of training

What should be concerning is that we don't have any adequate replacements to bring in when they do get injured. If we had those replacements then they wouldn't be missed in the first place.

With a midfield of Billing, Gosling and Surman then we deserve to be relegated.

Lerma may well have been ‘injured’ so he doesn’t get a ban.

Ake concussion..... can’t legislate for that.
Well he is going to get a ban regardless, we can't not play him until after the cut off of 32 games just so he can play the last 6. I think you would rather he play at Burnley and risk a yellow then miss Chelsea and Liverpool.

Not much you can do about Akes injury by the sounds of it; Lermas is weird, and if it was a secret tactical decision then it was a dumb one.

Still think Rico has been very harshly treated by EH, yet again. Stacey played well in attack but he left chasms behind him, and Smith didn’t play that well overall to justify playing out of position.

I wonder if Rico was dropped because of the absence of Ake and maybe even Fraser? He’s developed decent partnerships with both, especially Ake.

Not much you can do about Akes injury by the sounds of it; Lermas is weird, and if it was a secret tactical decision then it was a dumb one.

Still think Rico has been very harshly treated by EH, yet again. Stacey played well in attack but he left chasms behind him, and Smith didn’t play that well overall to justify playing out of position.

I wonder if Rico was dropped because of the absence of Ake and maybe even Fraser? He’s developed decent partnerships with both, especially Ake.
Rico’s passing was poor in the 2nd half at Sheffield. I know that is included in Eddie’s thinking. But his interceptions are the highest of any player in the top 5 European leagues! Surely that’s more important for a defender?

Rico’s passing was poor in the 2nd half at Sheffield. I know that is included in Eddie’s thinking. But his interceptions are the highest of any player in the top 5 European leagues! Surely that’s more important for a defender?

Yeah it’s a strange one, the passing may well have been a deciding factor in it; but I think it’s fair to say that Rico has been one of our most consistent performers by now, and Stacey is still adapting to the league and has just returned from injury. Like I said, a really strange decision considering all the factors.

;