Qatar World Cup

Read the stories publishished about the UAE with a pinch of salt. Almost all of them are false, like the women recently who was refused entry at the border 'for being drunk' but it was actually because she didn't have adequate time remaining on her passport.
There’s always a pinch of salt taken with any story. The fact is this women was still locked up. I’m quite certain her behaviour was appalling after being told her passport / visa was invalid.

Think about how many football fans will be arriving in 2022. A significant minority won’t have the correct paperwork. There is either going to need to be a significant improvement of how fans behave abroad when facing a setback, or more leniency showed by Middle Eastern authorities.

There’s always a pinch of salt taken with any story. The fact is this women was still locked up. I’m quite certain her behaviour was appalling after being told her passport / visa was invalid.

Think about how many football fans will be arriving in 2022. A significant minority won’t have the correct paperwork. There is either going to need to be a significant improvement of how fans behave abroad when facing a setback, or more leniency showed by Middle Eastern authorities.

Mate, you turn up at any country without valid entry credentials and you will go into holding while the airline sorts you a flight back. The airline is liable. I honestly don't know why the UAE is demonised so much, but then I'm bias as I live here and have had nothing but positive interactions with police (even when I was pissed as a fart and taken home).

What a bonkers and tragic world we live in!! The stories in the news yesterday is what is raising the question about Qatar going ahead. Not the horrendous worker slave abuse and conditions happening!!! How anyone could attend that event as a spectator, athlete or other and enjoy it, is beyond me.

I read something yesterday that if there was a minute silence for every death of a migrant worker due to the labour conditions on construction sites, the first 44 games would be played in silence. I understand numbers change to fit an agenda, and Qatar are hardly going to release official statistics for this. But my God, FIFA are under pressure to change hosts because of potential bribery and NOT the blood that has built those vanity projects!?

I feel we're now in some weird dystopia of both ignorance and acceptance.

This W/Cup will suck the last remnants of normality from Football - Arab and Americans are not good for the game..it should not go ahead.
And ..Most of the old cloth-cap supporters here are dead now....So... it will be the End.
Chew this...with yer Thursday cornflakes.....
....Snowflake Soccer awaits !

And there's more...as Jimmy Cricket would say....with the Glazers still intact at our biggest 'Brand'. Manchester United...expect our 1st ' Quarterback's '. to be in squads in the next few years....we've already had West Ham showing a lead with bringing on Noble specifically to take a Penalty...like they do in Gridironball over the pond.
" Hey uncle Gene....they're bringing on big Abner to take the Punt - pass me the popcorn "
Jaaahhh !
I tell ya.....its where its going.....grab yer baseball caps.. and salute a grey squirrel on yer way through Kings Park circa 2030.

This W/Cup will suck the last remnants of normality from Football - Arab and Americans are not good for the game..it should not go ahead.
And ..Most of the old cloth-cap supporters here are dead now....So... it will be the End.
Chew this...with yer Thursday cornflakes.....
....Snowflake Soccer awaits !
Seriously?

Perhaps you should tell Riyad Mahrez, Mo Salah or Megan Rapinoe that they aren't good for the game.

Oh wait, yes that's right it was only a joke...like on Top Gear.

Seriously?

Perhaps you should tell Riyad Mahrez, Mo Salah or Megan Rapinoe that they aren't good for the game.

Oh wait, yes that's right it was only a joke...like on Top Gear.

So serious ...or a joke...that is the question.
Haha.. I have the uncanny knack of making it both
...all mixed together in a thing called 'opinion'...which is why the Forum platform exists !

Last edited:
More pandering to the Middle East - Saudi Arabian FA enquired about a WC every 2 years and FIFA set up a feasibility study. ££ truly does rule everything.

Anyway Qatar can do one.

;