QPR - The Verdict

A lot of QPR fans are saying that was their best performance of the season. If that’s the case they really are a poor team as I thought both sides were dreadful. Yes, they were organised and the onus was on us as the home side but there was a desperate lack of quality across the board. Our only consolation is that we have Brooks, King and a hopefully fully fit Danjuma to come back in.

You look at the next fixtures and worry that a good start to the season could turn into a bad one very quickly if we don’t up our game from today.

P.S. Can we never put Stacey on the left again? Zero threat down that side when he swapped with Smith. He might as well have been Callum Hart or Adam Green.

Watching the game on and off, good to see we are sold at the back, just need to be a bit more adventurous going forward,

QPR were energetic and marked us tightly, certainly first half, and we struggled to get the passing game going. I think a player like Brooks would have helped a lot, decisive attacking play. I hoped Stanislas may have got things going a bit but unfortunately not.
The performance lacked an intensity and attitude which we will need to find if we are to prosper.
The good thing is that this league is a lot more forgiving for performances like that not costing you dear.

Still happy with the start to the season so far :utc:

Very frustrating, but I think if we had played in the first half like we did in the second, it's more than likely we'd have got something and the game would have opened up.
My point being, once we made whatever tweaks we made at halftime, their attack was just about completely neutralized.
Some frustrations for me were:
Gosling: kept receiving the ball and trying to hold off that giant midfielder who always muscled him off the ball.
L Cook: Too much fancy pants tricks in dangerous positions. Just use your vision and pass the ball.
Adam Smith: Didn't seem totally switched on (got easily turned the wrong way to create their first chance) and was repeatedly getting the ball in good areas only to faff around with it and ultimately deliver no end product.
Rico: I recall 3 times when he was flying in on the left and had a great chance to put a nice cross into the box; instead he hits the ball along the ground to their defenders. Was somebody supposed to be making a run to the near post? Even if so, why can't Rico look up and recognize it's not on?
Referees: some inexplicable fouls called against us (Surridge being a prime example) and failing to book some of their players early on. A couple offside calls I could swear were incorrect, but no replays.

Bright spots:
Begovic: made about 3 good saves to earn us the point.
Lerma: surprisingly bright, quick, with some fantastic runs. Can't believe he just played for Colombia and only just got back.
Danjuma: always exciting. Not sure whether he wasn't hard done by with some of the offside calls. But why did he not come on until so late?

What ifs:
Zemura - what if he had started instead of Smith? We need a quick, strong, marauding LWB. I do wonder how he would have done.
Begovic - without his saves, we'd have been 2 or 3 down in the first half and this place would be in utter meltdown.

Cardiff, Watford, and Bristol City judging by their start, should be a real test of where we're at. Could really have done with the extra points going into such a tough run.

We were poor, at times dire.
Hope this performance is the exception, and does not become the norm.
Bring on brooks ,king and Kelly and it will be a different story.
Next 2 games will show how competitive we really are.
Tindall made mistake starting with Danjuma on bench,and sorry, but Sturridge not good enough even at championship level.

Cardiff, Watford, and Bristol City judging by their start, should be a real test of where we're at. Could really have done with the extra points going into such a tough run.
Really could do with a fit Brooks, Danjuma, King and Stanislas for the upcoming games. If we did then I’d fancy our chances of coming out the other side in the top 2, without them I fear we’ll be outside the play off spots.

We were poor, at times dire.
Hope this performance is the exception, and does not become the norm.
Bring on brooks ,king and Kelly and it will be a different story.
Next 2 games will show how competitive we really are.
Tindall made mistake starting with Danjuma on bench,and sorry, but Sturridge not good enough even at championship level.
:wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey:

I don’t post much these days
But that was woeful and I hope just a result of the international break
Come on guys let’s get motivated

UTCIAD

big reality check for those who fell for that "best squad in the league" pony
very lucky to get away with a point and a clean sheet
if QPR had been more interested in scoring goals and not time wasting they'd have been out of sight by half-time
Bit sad you’ve had to wait five games to try and prove a point.

Despite that performance I still believe we have exceeded our opening points total.Promoted sides generally need 10 points per five games(3 wins ,1draw ,1loss,gives a side 90 points plus a bonus game)plus pick up the odd point here and there and we are already looking at top three.I think let's see after ten and 20 games to work out where we are.Lets not forget we didn't start too smartly when we eventually ripped up and won the Championship.

no point proving on my part, I live in the real world
never understood why people were bigging up the squad so much before a ball had been kicked, far too many variables (player departures) including a new manager
I'll reserve judgment until 10 games have gone, suggest others do the same

I worry about Surridge.He is just a target man and we are not a side to pump crosses into the middle.At least Solanke comes and controls the ball.Much more inventive but not a clinical striker.He is the better of a poor front two.I think most of our goals will come from Danjuma and Lerma if King doesn’t play.

;