QPR - The Verdict

Bit sad you’ve had to wait five games to try and prove a point.
See qpr played better then us and we were not great but I have seen us play a lot worse last season .
We have a good squad and look fairly organised but remember we are tweaking formations and will get there .
You add brooks danjuma and king we will be okay.
Surridge remember has only played 2 league games for us so a bit of perspective is needed .

we are unbeaten after 5 games and this run we are about to remember will be tough . Consistency in this league is key

No goals conceded from open play in last 3 games after looking very open at the start of the season. Big positive. Admittedly, we looked toothless upfront but that is a good basis to build from.

So I guess the dilemma is:

Do we start King and hope he's going to play his way to a move?

Or

Do we banish him for what he has said?

Or

Do we use him sparingly as a sub?

I think unfortunately, unless Tindall is some sort of God, that the answer will be the second choice.

Mentioned this on the match day thread. Billing left out for ‘tactical reasons’ but put the inexperienced Zemura on the bench instead despite Lerma being jet lagged and unlikely to make the full 90...got to be more to it than that?

Unless Brooks, King and Danjuma are going to be fit and play regularly, our squad will struggle with games coming thick and fast.

If Tindall thinks Solanke and Surridge are our main attacking force, then he hasn't a clue. The forward line we played when we got promoted 5 years ago is 10 times more effective then they are.

The inability to bring in new talent in the transfer window, apart from one inexperienced young loanee, is going to take a heavy toll.

With Kelly almost back and Carter-Vickers now on the books, the biggest dilemma JT needs to sort is how he deals with who is the strongest back line... Rico, Kelly, Stacey, Smith, C-V, Cook and Mepham...

Seven into... well, less than seven...?

I looked at our starting line up yesterday and my initial reaction was that we line up with a lot of defenders atm... If you add a reasonably defensively set L.Cook into it as well then 6/10 outfield players yesterday were defensive... No wonder we created very little.

I know games are coming thick and fast, so we can rotate but JT also needs to find a settled side and formation... partnerships and trios...

For me, the back 3 has to be Cook, Kelly and Meps... with Rico and Stacey as wingbacks... Probably harsh on Smith but we need round pegs in round holes... Kelly needs to play as CB and Rico needs to be on the left... That should hopefully generate balance and a more settled back line...

I’d also try and get back to 1 up top of King or Solanke and then rotate the 2 behind over the coming weeks... Stan and Brooks seem like their game time needs managing. With Riquelme and Danjuma there as well we ‘should have’ enough flair and creativity to do something...

Interesting to think, apart from Solanke, not one of the attacking players I’ve typed just, played a part (really) yesterday... Just an off day and with missing players to come back in we’ll be firing soon.

PS. No way on this planet will King not feature... for both his and our sakes, he’ll play...

With Kelly almost back and Carter-Vickers now on the books, the biggest dilemma JT needs to sort is how he deals with who is the strongest back line... Rico, Kelly, Stacey, Smith, C-V, Cook and Mepham...

Seven into... well, less than seven...?

I looked at our starting line up yesterday and my initial reaction was that we line up with a lot of defenders atm... If you add a reasonably defensively set L.Cook into it as well then 6/10 outfield players yesterday were defensive... No wonder we created very little.

I know games are coming thick and fast, so we can rotate but JT also needs to find a settled side and formation... partnerships and trios...

For me, the back 3 has to be Cook, Kelly and Meps... with Rico and Stacey as wingbacks... Probably harsh on Smith but we need round pegs in round holes... Kelly needs to play as CB and Rico needs to be on the left... That should hopefully generate balance and a more settled back line...

I’d also try and get back to 1 up top of King or Solanke and then rotate the 2 behind over the coming weeks... Stan and Brooks seem like their game time needs managing. With Riquelme and Danjuma there as well we ‘should have’ enough flair and creativity to do something...

Interesting to think, apart from Solanke, not one of the attacking players I’ve typed just, played a part (really) yesterday... Just an off day and with missing players to come back in we’ll be firing soon.

PS. No way on this planet will King not feature... for both his and our sakes, he’ll play...

I think with the 3 at the back kelly cook and mepham is our strongest back 3.
Also with balance with Rico on the left , as smith on the left isn’t the answer, he does a job but is not effective enough .

I can see why he started with solanke and surridge after the Coventry win and see why he started with the same team.

Danjuma has to start for me without question next game .
As many have pointed out there is a lot of games in this league so there will be a fair amount of rotation .

Unless Brooks, King and Danjuma are going to be fit and play regularly, our squad will struggle with games coming thick and fast.

If Tindall thinks Solanke and Surridge are our main attacking force, then he hasn't a clue. The forward line we played when we got promoted 5 years ago is 10 times more effective then they are.

The inability to bring in new talent in the transfer window, apart from one inexperienced young loanee, is going to take a heavy toll.

I think JT sees brooks and Danjuma as striking options too so surridge is 4th choice striker.

I think with the 3 at the back kelly cook and mepham is our strongest back 3.
Also with balance with Rico on the left , as smith on the left isn’t the answer, he does a job but is not effective enough .

I can see why he started with solanke and surridge after the Coventry win and see why he started with the same team.

Danjuma has to start for me without question next game .
As many have pointed out there is a lot of games in this league so there will be a fair amount of rotation .
Yes agree 100% have to play a lb at lb

didn't solent mention we are 17 games in a row unbeaten in the championship now? agree it was a poor game saving grace for me is i worked through and didn't pay to watch but to play bad and get a clean sheet and a point is a good thing just hope we don't do it too often

Mentioned this on the match day thread. Billing left out for ‘tactical reasons’ but put the inexperienced Zemura on the bench instead despite Lerma being jet lagged and unlikely to make the full 90...got to be more to it than that?

I wouldn't be surprised if billing and brooks as well as king (especially king) only make minor contributions before departing in january
puts the strength of our squad in perspective

happy to be proved wrong

I wouldn't be surprised if billing and brooks as well as king (especially king) only make minor contributions before departing in january

happy to be proved wrong
That makes absolutely no sense....why didn't we just sell them in this window?.....what would be the point in keeping them until January if we're not going to play them?
I see what you mean about Billing though....i mean there's no chance we'll be able to keep hold of him!

happy to be proved wrong

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I’m just bemused as to why Billing was left out

Why can't we just end Kings contract if he doesnt want to play for us..
..and stop him from coming to DC.
Write off any financial loss and move on.
That way he is not a Distraction to the ongoing campaign to win upcoming football matches at said venue!
Then he can freely peddle his CV around grounds in Norway, Britain, Australia wherever...Bristol Rovers ? ...anywhere more preferable to Bournemouth and Boscombe !
With situations like this - swift, decisive and ruthless action is required - assuming this Football Club is serious about being taken seriously.
Simple as That!

;