QPR v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Not A Happy Hunting Ground For AFCB

AFCB continued their run of not winning a game in six outings which has had three draws and three defeats. The latest of their defeats and second in a row on their travels was up in the North East against Middlesbrough. It’s not just our side who have had a bit of a blip recently, Fulham who are at the moment top of the league have had four draws and in their most recent game a home defeat against Sheffield United.

The players will have had a gap of nine days including Christmas Day and Boxing Day before the next game which is in London against QPR and starts the second half of the season which we hope will be better than the latter of the first half of the season. Queens Park Rangers have had the last two Championship games against Sheffield United and Swansea City postponed because of COVID cases within the London club. So if this game goes ahead it will again be live in front of the Sky cameras on Monday 27th December at 5.30 pm.

Since their first defeat of the season back in September at Dean Court, QPR have had a mixed set of results, but have been better at home with 5 wins. They were 2-0 against Birmingham City, 3-2 Preston, 1-0 against the form side at the moment Blackburn Rovers, 2-0 against Luton Town and 1-0 Huddersfield Town. They have drawn 1-1 with Nottingham Forest and lost their next home game after the defeat against AFCB, 1-2 against Bristol City and most recently 0-2 against Stoke City. Going into this game they are 8 points behind the Cherries, having played two less games.

The last time we met QPR in London was in February this year. After a goalless first half, QPR took the lead through Stefan Johansen in the 58th minute, but 11 minutes later Shane Long on loan from Saints equalised. QPR were to have the last say and in the 83rd minute Todd Kane gave the London side all 3 points with the winning goal. Not one of the Cherries favourite away trips for results.

In our visits to play QPR, AFCB have W 7, D 7, L 23.
In all competitions, AFCB have W 28, D 15, L 34.

QPR Team News
Injury News, Lyndon Dykes, Jordy de Wijs, Lee Wallace and Sam McCallum, have all been out injured.

QPR Player To Watch
Ilias Chair 6 goals and 3 assists. Chris Willock another danger to us and was in good form scoring 3 goals in his last 5 games. He has 5 goals and 4 assists this season.

AFCB Team News
Jefferson Lerma returns from suspension. Otherwise no reports of other new injuries/illness.

AFCB Player To Watch
Good to have a hopefully revitalised Jefferson Lerma back after missing three games, he has been missed in midfield. Otherwise the usual ‘suspects’ hopefully will get back on the goal trail.

The Referee
Keith Stroud is in charge of this game.
Same referee for the game at Dean Court earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Not A Happy Hunting Ground For AFCB

AFCB continued their run of not winning a game in six outings which has had three draws and three defeats. The latest of their defeats and second in a row on their travels was up in the North East against Middlesbrough. It’s not just our side who have had a bit of a blip recently, Fulham who are at the moment top of the league have had four draws and in their most recent game a home defeat against Sheffield United.

The players will have had a gap of nine days including Christmas Day and Boxing Day before the next game which is in London against QPR and starts the second half of the season which we hope will be better than the latter of the first half of the season. Queens Park Rangers have had the last two Championship games against Sheffield United and Swansea City postponed because of COVID cases within the London club. So if this game goes ahead it will again be live in front of the Sky cameras on Monday 27th December at 5.30 pm.

Since their first defeat of the season back in September at Dean Court, QPR have had a mixed set of results, but have been better at home with 5 wins. They were 2-0 against Birmingham City, 3-2 Preston, 1-0 against the form side at the moment Blackburn Rovers, 2-0 against Luton Town and 1-0 Huddersfield Town. They have drawn 1-1 with Nottingham Forest and lost their next home game after the defeat against AFCB, 1-2 against Bristol City and most recently 0-2 against Stoke City. Going into this game they are 8 points behind the Cherries, having played two less games.

The last time we met QPR in London was in February this year. After a goalless first half, QPR took the lead through Stefan Johansen in the 58th minute, but 11 minutes later Shane Long on loan from Saints equalised. QPR were to have the last say and in the 83rd minute Todd Kane gave the London side all 3 points with the winning goal. Not one of the Cherries favourite away trips for results.

In our visits to play QPR, AFCB have W 7, D 7, L 23.
In all competitions, AFCB have W 28, D 15, L 34.

QPR Team News
Injury News, Lyndon Dykes, Jordy de Wijs, Lee Wallace and Sam McCallum, have all been out injured.

QPR Player To Watch
Ilias Chair 6 goals and 3 assists. Chris Willock another danger to us and was in good form scoring 3 goals in his last 5 games. He has 5 goals and 4 assists this season.

AFCB Team News
Jefferson Lerma returns from suspension. Otherwise no reports of other new injuries/illness.

AFCB Player To Watch
Good to have a hopefully revitalised Jefferson Lerma back after missing three games, he has been missed in midfield. Otherwise the usual ‘suspects’ hopefully will get back on the goal trail.

The Referee
Keith Stroud is in charge of this game.
Same referee for the game at Dean Court earlier in the season.
Stroud again ? That'll please both sets of supporters.

We have to turn up fer this one...if we don't and we get a hiding ..as can happen in these Xmas games when players aint regained focus from the festivities ( don't give me any sh*t about professional footballers ) then I think our campaign for the PL is basically harpooned..
.sorry but someone had to put it out there !

We have to turn up fer this one...if we don't and we get a hiding ..as can happen in these Xmas games when players aint regained focus from the festivities ( don't give me any sh*t about professional footballers ) then I think our campaign for the PL is basically harpooned..
.sorry but someone had to put it out there !
Trying to keep positive Brian, but difficult to see where the change is going to come. Surely the slump has to end soon doesn’t it ? I would be less worried if I hadn’t seen how some of the other contenders are playing. We need to dig in even when we are being played off the park as we were at Fulham.

I'll be happy as long as we put in a decent performance. We've not shown any real grit and determination lately and need to return to winning ways before we are overtaken by the approaching pack.

Will they be a bit rusty or will the rest have helped them ? They must have struggled getting bodies on the training pitches.

Can anyone explain to me what a digital wallet is: “We ask that supporters using a digital NHS Covid pass make sure that they download and add it to their digital wallet”

Alternatively, what’s wrong with taking a photo/screenshot of the pass with your mobile phone and showing that instead?
I'll be taking a paper copy, call me old fashioned!

Can anyone explain to me what a digital wallet is: “We ask that supporters using a digital NHS Covid pass make sure that they download and add it to their digital wallet”

Alternatively, what’s wrong with taking a photo/screenshot of the pass with your mobile phone and showing that instead?

I think the answer to your question is.... if you need to ask what it is, you almost certainly haven't got one, and should probly do it another way - screenshot, print-out etc

;