Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Another Team In Form

Both AFCB and Queens Park Rangers had home games on Wednesday night. The Cherries beat a Rotherham United side that previously had won their last three away games. In a windswept and not ‘pretty’ game at Dean Court, a very good counter attacking move ended with Philip Billing scoring the only goal of the game. QPR beat local rivals Brentford 2-1, after falling behind to a 30th minute goal scored by Ivan Toney, they came back and in a four minute second half period with goals by two January loan signings from West Brom, Sam Field with the first on 72 minutes and Charlie Austin with the winner in the 76th minute.

The Cherries make the relative short trip up to London to play Queens Park Rangers (the Hoops) at Loftus Road with a normal Saturday 3 pm kickoff. Since we last played QPR at Dean Court they have had 4 wins, 3 draws and 5 defeats at home. They beat Cardiff City 3-2 and our recent opponents Rotherham United by the same score, they were all last year. Then a 1-0 victory against Blackburn Rovers earlier this month and the most recent win against Brentford (above). The draws were 0-0 against Birmingham City, 1-1 with Watford and 0-0 with Stoke City. The five defeats were 0-2 against Preston, 1-2 with Bristol City, 0-1 against Reading, 0-2 with Swansea City and this year 0-1 against Derby County. Away from home since our game they have had 4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats. They have been one of the form sides since the turn of the year, they have won their last three games.

The last time we played QPR at their ground in the league was in the Championship, December 2013, we lost 3-0. They had Charlie Austin playing for them and he scored their first goal, the others from Junior Hoilett and Matt Phillips. Austin rejoined QPR in January on loan until the end of the season from West Brom. Previous to that you have to go back 10 years to Division 2 when we last played the Hoops.

Our last win there was back in the old Division 3 in the 1958-59 season, the game ended 0-4.

In our league visits to their ground, AFCB have W 7, D 7, L 22.

All competitions, AFCB have W 27, D 15, L 33.

QPR Team News
There have been no reports of any injuries after the Brentford game, so they have a strong squad to pick from.

QPR Player To Watch
Since the arrival of Charlie Austin in January, back at a club he scored a lot of goals, but back on loan this time, they have seen an upturn in their form and results. They have won five out of their last six games, the other a defeat. Their fans seemed to have warmed to him and he has already found the net three times in six appearances. Known scorer and even at 31 coming up to 32 in July he will be one to watch.

AFCB Team News
Dominic Solanke and Steve Cook both miss this game again through injury. No new injuries reported.

AFCB Player To Watch
Difficult to pick out one player at the moment, be interesting to see if CCV and Lloyd Kelly can keep Austin off the score sheet again. We need Asmir Begovic to keep a third clean sheet in a row (4 including the cup).

I would go for same back 5 as yesterday

lerma and Pearson in the centre . Billing in front

Stanislas surridge and maybe even Long on the right of the 3

Nottingham Forest, Rotherham United and QPR are teams lower in the table but all form teams at the moment.

We picked up a point away at Forest and last night took 3 points against Rotherham. So will be interesting if we can grind out another three points in London or at least come away with one.

That 3-0 defeat in 2013 was one of the very few times that we looked devoid of confidence or belief in ourselves and what we were doing - once Austin scored we were second best by a mile .
However, we kept learning and tweaking our team and style and finished the season v well , including that 2-1 over QPR at ours ....

Do any of the older fans remember us playing QPR at The White City ground? As I recall it, we won 1 - 0 when I went to watch the game, with my mum and dad. Might be completely wrong but I have a vague memory of this.

Do any of the older fans remember us playing QPR at The White City ground? As I recall it, we won 1 - 0 when I went to watch the game, with my mum and dad. Might be completely wrong but I have a vague memory of this.

I was there, pitch a long way from the fans, plenty of room around us in a large stadium, so not much atmosphere.

Need to score at least 2 to win as Austin is bound to score.
Bad memories of when we lost 3-0 there in our first Championship season under EH when he took the piss out of our fans when he scored.

Only ever time I've paid for "gold" premium tickets to be right behind the goal and yet would have not been able to see said goal if sat down.

Only ever time I've paid for "gold" premium tickets to be right behind the goal and yet would have not been able to see said goal if sat down.
I made a late decision to go and only seats available were "restricted view". When I got there just a few minutes before k.o. the steward pointed me to a front row seat to the left of the goal with a perfect view sitting or standing ! Only trouble was there was nothing worth watching that night.
I left 5 mins from time to avoid the crush and to get to the pub earlier !!

Reactions: DJ
I took my eldest son to the 2013 game using tickets bought off Groupon. We were right behind the goal in the “home” end.

There we were, behind enemy lines, thinking we will have to be careful not to react when we score!!! Well fat chance of that happening.

At half time, I got my phone out, as you do, and turned it on to inadvertently display my AFCB screensaver !!!! My son told me I was an idiot!! Haha. We lived to tell the tale.

Another team I love to hate, with their aggressive fans verbally assaulting any opposition players and throwing objects like coins constantly without any retribution, from the days of travelling back to Bournemouth on the train with their idiot fans gobbing off about how they are going to walk the league after two wins and then constantly failing, to my last visit to the building site where we had to run the gauntlet of their fans outside the ground, players like DoDo and Shittu and now Austin, the millions pumped in only to see them fail ha ha, I have constantly supported anyone they play so that they fail, there, I've got that out, I hate them.

...Woody should still be in charge and I hope that he plays

a 3-5-1 formation

Begovic

CCV
Mepham
Kelly

Smith
L Cook
Pearson
Billing
Stanislas

Long
Surridge

Subs Wilshere/Brooks/Rico/Danjuma/Riquelme/Travers/Anthony/Lerma/Stacey

we need to tear them a new one!

edited after I forgot that football teams have eleven players not ten!

Last edited:
We go into the QPR game missing only Stacey and Solanke, after Mepham, Pearson and Riquelme, were on the bench for last night's game.

The defence that's kept 3 consecutive clean sheets has to stay, as does the midfield three in my opinion, despite a lackluster L. Cook showing. There could be calls for Wilsh or Pearo to replace him, however.

Arnie needs to be dropped so hopefully he learns to use his options more, with Brooks coming in from the off.

Begovic
Smith CCV Kelly Rico
L. Cook Lerma
Billing
Brooks Surridge Stanislas

Bench: Travers, Mepham, Zemura, Pearson, Wilshere, Riquelme, Danjuma, Anthony, Long

Uppa' Chez :utc:

We go into the QPR game missing only Stacey and Solanke, after Mepham, Pearson and Riquelme, were on the bench for last night's game.

The defence that's kept 3 consecutive clean sheets has to stay, as does the midfield three in my opinion, despite a lackluster L. Cook showing. There could be calls for Wilsh or Pearo to replace him, however.

Arnie needs to be dropped so hopefully he learns to use his options more, with Brooks coming in from the off.

Begovic
Smith CCV Kelly Rico
L. Cook Lerma
Billing
Brooks Surridge Stanislas

Bench: Travers, Mepham, Zemura, Pearson, Wilshere, Riquelme, Danjuma, Anthony, Long

Uppa' Chez :utc:

I would expect both Pearson and Wilshere (and possibly Long) to play, as part of the rotation JW is using.

Another team I love to hate, with their aggressive fans verbally assaulting any opposition players and throwing objects like coins constantly without any retribution, from the days of travelling back to Bournemouth on the train with their idiot fans gobbing off about how they are going to walk the league after two wins and then constantly failing, to my last visit to the building site where we had to run the gauntlet of their fans outside the ground, players like DoDo and Shittu and now Austin, the millions pumped in only to see them fail ha ha, I have constantly supported anyone they play so that they fail, there, I've got that out, I hate them.

how do you really feel ?;)

;