Racism in football

Boasting on behalf of previous generations again Bill? People born in the 50s was the point.

Exactly that too...I was born in 1950....'died'. in Poole Hospital at 6 weeks old, given last rites by a Catholic Priest ( im not Catholic)...pulled through...the hospital didnt have the drugs and facilities they have now....I got lucky!..
That was an ' Austerity ' period then, forced version.
Todays recipients of Austerity and your generation have not had or got it Easy , oh No ...for modern reasons.. I must wholly recognise that ...higher population, increase in Cancer and new diseases, a more competitive society and much else due to greed of many ; and unfair distribution of wealth etc.
I observe all.

I suppose we can say that Life for All Generations is basically about solving the problems they encounter....for some its actual survival.......all we ask for is help from Honest Leaders...therein lies the biggest hurdle !

Mmmm...

Yes, every race has racists, of course, but in light of the West's history with industrial scale global slavery and subsequent attitudes to other races post-slavery (right up to today), I'm calling bullshit on that statement.
Hyperbole tends to dilute arguments and SDD and I have slipped into that a bit, I fear. KC, perhaps too, although I suspect he has better local knowledge than most.

Nevertheless, I once again called your attention to the comments made by Keith Boykin as set out in my earlier post. Boykin is but one black man, but I do believe that he speaks for many. And not one left-leaning pundit called him out. So, it is a surprise that some 63M Trump voters, approx 20% non-white, have a "f%ck off" moment when that happens.

The racial polarization here is stoked by media on either side. It's certainly not Mississippi in the 1960's, but the distrust is undeniable. You blame "the West" .... and yet it is the same West that is expected to open its doors and take on the economic consequences, all the while being culturally vilified by some of those same people.

Black people are just as much racists towards whites. Maybe worse.

So that makes it ok??

If you're really justifying a position because "well they do it" that's a pretty weak position. Also, assuming you're in Kenya, you're in a situation where you are no longer a beneficiary of privilege. Strange that whilst not being part of the "elite" you'd still choose to punch down rather than up

So that makes it ok??

If you're really justifying a position because "well they do it" that's a pretty weak position. Also, assuming you're in Kenya, you're in a situation where you are no longer a beneficiary of privilege. Strange that whilst not being part of the "elite" you'd still choose to punch down rather than up

Whites are still considered elites in most of sub Saharan Africa based on the perception of most locals that we sh*t golden eggs and dollar bills .

Canada or the USA?
Tbf, I am using my US experience. In Canada, we are exposed to many of the same arguments, but on a much smaller scale. French-English tensions were a much more serious issue years ago, for reasons discussed in my two-part thread For the Love of Your Team, in June 2019. We do have a federal election coming, and there is a whiff of the populist thinking on display. But notwithstanding our geographic, cultural and economic ties with our neighbors south of the border, our histories are not at all similar.

Whites are still considered elites in most of sub Saharan Africa based on the perception of most locals that we sh*t golden eggs and dollar bills .

Perception?

I've been to Africa and seen slums, such as Kibera, and didn't see any white faces in them.

Aside from South Africa and Zimbabwe, I'd expect that the vast majority of white folks in Africa live in excellent surroundings, unlike the indigineous populations.

Whether it's white privilege or a hangover from empire, the reality is that the vast majority of whites in Africa are elites.

...The racial polarization here is stoked by media on either side. It's certainly not Mississippi in the 1960's, but the distrust is undeniable. You blame "the West" .... and yet it is the same West that is expected to open its doors and take on the economic consequences, all the while being culturally vilified by some of those same people.

OK, whatever part the media does or doesn't play, the reality is that the USA is racist.

Lynchings and the KKK may not be en vogue these days but you surely don't need me to list the obvious current inequalities and examples of racism in the USA.

As for 'blaming the west'... I didn't 'blame' anybody. I referenced the past 400 years of history to point out that the claim black people are more racist than whites is complete and utter bullshit.

OK, whatever part the media does or doesn't play, the reality is that the USA is racist.

Lynchings and the KKK may not be en vogue these days but you surely don't need me to list the obvious current inequalities and examples of racism in the USA.

As for 'blaming the west'... I didn't 'blame' anybody. I referenced the past 400 years of history to point out that the claim black people are more racist than whites is complete and utter bullshit.

I may have missed something....who said black people are more racist than whites??

My take, for what it’s worth, is that all populations have a percentage who refuse to accept people different to them, whether racially, sexually, or any other “ally”. A certain proportion of people will always want to be surrounded by “their own”.

Education will sway those at the edges who are not so entrenched, but those who are bigots in any way are unlikely to ever change their core beliefs.

The variable is how prepared how many of them are to go public in one way or another rather than just keeping to themselves.

;