Reading Forum - hobnob.royals

4FCB

Fans' Favourite
You’ve got to smile at the Reading supporters.

While a decent majority seem to accept that their season might be closing down around them, you then get one who writes this .....

‘The Royal Foresters’

I think it is a conspiracy. The Premier League don't want us! They know we are too good for them!

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135488&start=9100

......... actually, I’m sure I’ve heard of this somewhere else before :grinning:

I can recall the we'll never play you again chant during this game

We sang it loud and clear :grinning:
Such great memories... it seems that so much has happened since we’ve last seen a game live... we’ve been relegated, we’ve lost Eddie, Tindall was sacked, Woodgate in, and now on the hunt for poss promotion again...

The club feels in a very different place to when I last stood in DC...

Even if we flop in the Playoffs it would still give me great satisfaction to keep the biscuitmen out of them completely.

Agreed - so many ifs and buts over the course of a season but they will look back at that second half at our place when they seemed to have won the game at 2-0 only to let in four second half! 6 point swing if they had held on.

I can recall the we'll never play you again chant during this game

We sang it loud and clear :grinning:

There were more than 4,259 travelling supporters there, quite a few of us were in the prawn-sandwich areas. Ah, such joy :ROFLMAO: even better than being in the same sort of area, away at Ewood in the League Cup when Eddie hammered that penalty in the roof of the net.

Nathan Ake was on loan there at the time; came into the lounge area and was such a nice lad.

I think that game at Reading was the most tense I have ever felt at a game in my 54 years of watching AFCB. The last 10 minutes went on forever, I felt physically ill with the stress and could barely watch at times. What an outpouring of joyous emotion when that final whistle eventually went.
The walk back to the pub was like walking on air.

I think that game at Reading was the most tense I have ever felt at a game in my 54 years of watching AFCB. The last 10 minutes went on forever, I felt physically ill with the stress and could barely watch at times. What an outpouring of joyous emotion when that final whistle eventually went.
One of the best backs-to-the-wall last 20 mins I’ve ever seen, every player looked like they’d do anything to stop Reading scoring. Rarely been more nervous - or proud of my team

Agree about the tension, absolutely nerve shredding. I seemed to recall our match kicked off at 8-00 whilst our rivals started at 7-45. Can't remember which ones were playing that night but the scoreboard showed them. I think that's what made it so gut wrenchingly tense, hold on for the win and we went top.

I remember Artur Boruc making a truly world class save, Kenwynne Jones coming on and heading everything away. Those last 15 minutes were the longest 2 hours of my life : )

Also remember the season before " Winkers in blue " banter. Still makes me smile
: )

That day is etched upon my memory with only slightly less anger than the Leeds game.

The arrogant fuckers, I like to think we would never do anything like that.

Apart from the stick we gave Watford fans for coming 2nd of course. :grinning:
I don't think Watford fans will ever forget Wednesday fans lol, did exactly that. And you can see the Championship Winners material next to the main stand.

You’ve got to smile at the Reading supporters.

While a decent majority seem to accept that their season might be closing down around them, you then get one who writes this .....

‘The Royal Foresters’

I think it is a conspiracy. The Premier League don't want us! They know we are too good for them!

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135488&start=9100

......... actually, I’m sure I’ve heard of this somewhere else before :grinning:

Well, there's a likelihood, that The Royal Foresters' was taking the pi55:

Snowball​

It's not that our rivals win but

0-1 Norwich

2-0 Watford

0-5 Brentford

0-3 Swansea

2-0 Barnsley

4-1 Bournemouth

Six out of Six wins 17 Goals to 1

That is simply incredible!​

;