Refunds

paul49

UTC Legend
You'll only get a refund if you send your request in to the ticket office.

I e-mailed them today to query what was happening with refunds. Was told that they were still waiting for confirmation as to whether both games were going to be played behind closed doors!

Despite having my supporter number T/O still wanted the order numbers and photos of the tickets cut in half! They were only giving refunds if you requested one.

Responded that I was amazed at this as there was no way either of these matches were going to be attended by fans if they did take place. I was also unable to send photos of my tickets as I had no space on my phone but questioned why they were asking for this extra information.

Suffice to say I have received confirmation that refunds have been processed without me providing this.

Thanks for this. I was presuming they would simply refund everyone , didn't realise you had to request it...wtf...!

Why would they want photos when its all on the database ?

am surprised the club havent said anything 'officially' bout refunds yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it’s to do with what the Premier League are advising clubs to do and there could be some ‘help’ from them.

Maybe an issue for us but you get clubs like Man Utd who across their final home games may have 400,000 or so tickets to refund at an average of £40 a go it’s a huge amount of money. Our club 35,000 or so tickets across 4 or 5 home games at an average of £40 is also a massive amount of money for us....some of which the club may have already spent on out- goings, wages etc.

Perhaps it’s to do with what the Premier League are advising clubs to do and there could be some ‘help’ from them.

Maybe an issue for us but you get clubs like Man Utd who across their final home games may have 400,000 or so tickets to refund at an average of £40 a go it’s a huge amount of money. Our club 35,000 or so tickets across 4 or 5 home games at an average of £40 is also a massive amount of money for us....some of which the club may have already spent on out- goings, wages etc.

True but if it's a toss up between me getting a refund for the 3 matches I won't see but paid for and one of our players having to reduce his salary a bit then I'll go for my refund every time.

True but if it's a toss up between me getting a refund for the 3 matches I won't see but paid for and one of our players having to reduce his salary a bit then I'll go for my refund every time.

I'm sure the players will willingly give up part of their salaries so the loyal season ticket holders can receive their refunds (goods and services paid for but not received) and the club not suffer financially....

Given the radio silence I too contacted the ticket office today asking when they’re going to be issuing refunds for the 3 home and 1 away matches I have tickets for. I was asked for my supporter number, postcode and order numbers for each order I required a refund for. I then thought I should check that, given I have maximum home points, I wouldn’t be penalised for requesting a refund when compared to others who maybe haven’t, i.e. that I wouldn’t end up with less points and therefore less chance of being able to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. The response I received was that, “Unfortunately at the moment we are unsure as to what is going to happen with points as we're still awaiting the final decision from the Premier League as to what is happening to the rest of the league. As soon as we have confirmation, an update will be posted onto our website explaining everything, so please keep an eye out for that.“

I just wanted reassurance that I wasn’t going to have to, in essence, pay £170-odd just for 4 points for me and my lad. Given the reply I said I would hold off for another week or 2 to see how Project Restart looks then.

Ah, the joy of working with the "wonderful" ticket office staff.

I think it's often hidden for a lot of ST holders so this will be a rude awakening. It's terrible to the point where it feels like they're testing your loyalty to the club.

i.e. that I wouldn’t end up with less points and therefore less chance of being able to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale.

If the restart and also next season are behind closed doors, nobody will have any points in their account anyway!

Given the radio silence I too contacted the ticket office today asking when they’re going to be issuing refunds for the 3 home and 1 away matches I have tickets for. I was asked for my supporter number, postcode and order numbers for each order I required a refund for. I then thought I should check that, given I have maximum home points, I wouldn’t be penalised for requesting a refund when compared to others who maybe haven’t, i.e. that I wouldn’t end up with less points and therefore less chance of being able to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. The response I received was that, “Unfortunately at the moment we are unsure as to what is going to happen with points as we're still awaiting the final decision from the Premier League as to what is happening to the rest of the league. As soon as we have confirmation, an update will be posted onto our website explaining everything, so please keep an eye out for that.“

I just wanted reassurance that I wasn’t going to have to, in essence, pay £170-odd just for 4 points for me and my lad. Given the reply I said I would hold off for another week or 2 to see how Project Restart looks then.
Thanks for the information. Communication is everything isn't it? The club unfortunately aren't very good at that, e.g. the training ground progress (or lack of).

E mail sent yesterday. Reply today saying three tickets have been refunded, no request for photos, no mention of points. All points including cup and away have disappeared off the system, my guess is these three purchases have been expunged points wise as well (not that bothered)but I guess it might upset some people who were building them up.

Just put this on the other thread.

Solent

#SaintsFC have announced that they will directly refund all match day tickets that have been bought for games that have not been played

Season ticket holders will be offered a range of options which will include a refund or chance to credit the remaining tickets next season

E mail sent yesterday. Reply today saying three tickets have been refunded, no request for photos, no mention of points. All points including cup and away have disappeared off the system, my guess is these three purchases have been expunged points wise as well (not that bothered)but I guess it might upset some people who were building them up.

Phoned the ticket office today and they processed refunds as good as gold. Pictures of destroyed tickets only required for my away tickets to Wolves, home tickets refunded without any requirements

The Dildo Brothers at West Ham have apparently sent out an email saying that IF you want a cash refund, as opposed to a credit note against future purchases, then you will also forfeit your guaranteed season ticket. Obviously you will be welcome to re=apply next season but.......

;