Review of the season video

Great video, worth watching.

Some really enjoyable matches, others less so. But always great to be watching whenever I could. Some low moments as I revisited games where I wasn't able to attend due to ongoing health issues, but it was a fantastic season.
But not as good as ...the other one..;)

I really enjoyed watching it. Lots of takeaways and thoughts for next year.

Just how good was Brooks early on and can he get back to anywhere near his best?

Jaidon Anthony’s ability to spot and weight a pass is among the best anywhere surely.

Solanke. Just great. And that’s without factoring in his work rate, which can never be reflected in a highlights programme.

Christie’s ability to slide rule passes, whilst running at defences.

Billing’s intelligence and finishing.

The two great goals, against Fulham and Notts Forest.

And on and on. Next season will be tough, but there is a shedload of talent and grit in this team.

Last edited:

Just how good was Brooks early on and can he get back to anywhere near his best?

Jaidon Anthony’s ability to spot and weight a pass is among the best anywhere surely.

Solanke. Just great. And that’s without factoring in his work rate, which can never be reflected in a highlights programme.

And on and on. Next season will be tough, but there is a shedload of talent and grit in this team.
You forgot JZ defending. something to be looked at, as we will be defending quite a lot next season.

Looking at it with hindsight Brooksy looked exhausted and even thinner than he usually is. He did amazingly to play that well given what was wrong.

Anthony was smashing! Lots of clever passes and crosses as well as his goals. He linked up really well with JZ. I think they are on a par in terms of ability myself. Different players but they complement each other really well.

The other player I appreciated more after watching the highlights was Jamal Lowe. Considering his game time, he scored some really important goals for us. I think we should keep him if he's happy to stay. Chances of Moore and Solanke remaining injury free all season are low. He can play on the right or as a number 10 too. Lowe is excellent cover and is a dangerous substitute. The only matches I thought he wasn't very good in were the cup matches, but he turned up when he needed to.

Finally got around to watching this.
When I saw it had interviews in it I did fear a bit over over production like the championship winning dvd, but this one I thought was spot on.

Some nice league graphic updates to tell the story, could have built up the trepidation before the Forest game a bit more but otherwise it was pretty damn near perfect.

I was thinking also that Jaydon Anthony's contribution doesn't get the credit he deserves. He has everything and what I like best about him is he chases down lost causes that I think are impossible to catch and somehow keeps the ball in and creates a chance or scores.

;