Richard Scudamore - The Fans' Fund

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
Like many posters here, I'm OUTRAGED at the news that Richard Scudamore is going to get a retirement gift of £5 million from the PL clubs. Yes, I'm outraged, but for a very different reason. It's nowhere near enough !

Think about all that Richard has done for our national game - he's single-handedly turned English football into the world's hottest sports brand, worth billions. And all for a paltry £2.5 million a year ? Scandalous.

Think about all that Richard has done for us supporters, with bargain-priced tickets, atmospheric modern stadia, flexible kick-off times to suit the rapidly-growing global fanbase, plus plenty of football on TV for those who can't make it to matches.

And the best that the PL can do for this noble servant of the game is a whip-round of just £250,000 per club ? Pathetic.

Well, I say that we supporters should show our gratitude to Richard Scudamore by organising our own Fans' Fund, as our way of saying thanks for all he has done for our game. Could you, hand-on-heart, sleep well at night knowing that poor old Richard has to scrimp and save for his modest retirement ?

Come on you fellow fans, it's time to dig deep and show our appreciation for Richard and his selfless work for English football over the past twenty years. I suggest we set up our own Fans' Fund to provide Richard with a decent nest egg for his twilight years.

Who's with me ?

Last edited:
I have no idea if the o/p was supposed to be funny

;