RIP John McCririck.

tednphil

UTC Legend
An eccentric, but 'marmite character who certainly changed the presenting of live TV horse racing.

Horrible man from the few times I actually met and spoke with him.....shouldn’t speak ill of the dead but in this case I am sorry...

Horrible man from the few times I actually met and spoke with him.....shouldn’t speak ill of the dead but in this case I am sorry...
Agree, the fact he’s dead doesn’t change the fact he was a thoroughly unpleasant human being. Condolences to his family however.

Whenever anyone tells him not to speak ill of the dead, a friend usually responds with "yes, because Adolf Hitler was such a nice bloke"

RIP John McCrirrick
Funeral service will be from the house at 10/1
Followed by burial at his local graveyard at 5/2
Refreshments at the local working men’s club at 5/4

...too soon?

He will have had different sides to his character in different situations...like most of us.
I dont hold out any hope though of an eccentric like him appealing to this forum...no chance. You have to steer a channel between the Afcb Forum Mafia and the PC brigade.
When you f#ck up often , like me..its exactly the same people that get on your case.
They gather the troops and hit the buttons within minutes because they cant think too deeply or creatively.....have limited senses of humour and over react like frustrated volcanoes!

Oh that we all had your intelligence and wit Bill. It must be like an intellectual Gulliver in an Internet Lilliput,, just try to brush off our barbs and the pricks from our sly arrows. Please try to rise above our little pricks, oh Giant One : )

RIP and condolences to his family.

However I could not stand him. Horrible man, had no respect for anyone else. Not happy hes dead, wouldn't wish it on anyone however I'm not going to dumb down how I disliked him.

Oh that we all had your intelligence and wit Bill. It must be like an intellectual Gulliver in an Internet Lilliput,, just try to brush off our barbs and the pricks from our sly arrows. Please try to rise above our little pricks, oh Giant One : )
Im not sure how to define intelligence....but think its an established fact from experts that there are different types of it. Im certainly not any higher up gradewise than many others on the forum..probably averagish! However when it comes to wit...i reckon im pretty much major league but of course I realise im not everyones cup of tea!
Despite my moaning and dinosaurisms...
I find the forum great FUN !

Im not sure how to define intelligence....but think its an established fact from experts that there are different types of it. Im certainly not any higher up gradewise than many others on the forum..probably averagish! However when it comes to wit...i reckon im pretty much major league but of course I realise im not everyones cup of tea!
Despite my moaning and dinosaurisms...
I find the forum great FUN !
Is that you talking ?..........or the other bloke from Liskeard ?

;