RIP Nobby Stiles

He only won 28 caps. That shocked me.
Anyone remember him and Bobby Charlton playing for Preston at DC?
We were on our way to being relegated. Beat them 1-0.
RIP Norbert.
Remember that game well. It was great to see 2 of my boyhood heroes at DC, and of course to beat them !!.

Pretty sure I recall a Nobby and Neil Hague dust up late on.
Quite a bit of "after the watershed" dialogue was heard.
Charlton was player manager at PNE then.
Remember we were dire that season, just checked records and that single goal scored by Les Parodi against PNE was our ONLY goal in a run of 9 league games !!!! And people moan cos we didn't score against QPR the other week !!!!!!
Good crowd for that game 7,337.

Charlton was player manager at PNE then.
Remember we were dire that season, just checked records and that single goal scored by Les Parodi against PNE was our ONLY goal in a run of 9 league games !!!! And people moan cos we didn't score against QPR the other week !!!!!!
Good crowd for that game 7,337.
I remember listening on the radio to brief updates, as I was away at school then.

RIP Nobby.

Stiles: An iconic face of 66. His tough presence alongside hardman Charlton and with Balls energy buzzing around them ..amazing players ...all three gone. RIP.

Shocked to hear the sad news on the radio although I knew he was in poor health. Significant part of the World Cup Legends words not used lightly. Like others remember seeing both Nobby and Bobby Charlton play at Dean Court.

RIP Nobby and thanks for those wonderful memories.

OK, so since that game v Preston NE how many times have there been two or more World Cup winners on the pitch in a match at Dean Court?

OK, so since that game v Preston NE how many times have there been two or more World Cup winners on the pitch in a match at Dean Court?
I think we’ve had this discussion before but I can’t imagine it’s ever happened. Roger Hunt played here for Bolton I think in the early 70’s and Alan Ball played a testimonial for Southampton, probably MacDougal’s.
Some of the French side may have played in latter days. Loris, Pogba, Kante, Giroud ?

;