Robbie Brady

Not so long ago the hindsighters were saying we should have let Callum Wilson go when he was 'at his peak'.

How do you know the exact moment a player has peaked? And does that now apply to JZ?
I wouldn't know that Rob, but I guess we have many highly qualified analysts who are expert in such matters.

I seem to recall that at one point West Ham were supposedly going to pay £50 million - or was it £60 million ? - for Callum.

Whether he was at Peak Callum at that time or not, it would surely have made sense to cash in then and buy Watkins for a fraction of the amount.

I wouldn't know that Rob, but I guess we have many highly qualified analysts who are expert in such matters.

I seem to recall that at one point West Ham were supposedly going to pay £50 million - or was it £60 million ? - for Callum.

Whether he was at Peak Callum at that time or not, it would surely have made sense to cash in then and buy Watkins for a fraction of the amount.
Why would it have made sense? What if WHU were nowhere near that valuation?What if Watkins hadn't wanted to come? And I can hear the outcry had we sold CW and got relegated. Lack of ambition, tinpot etc.

You just make the alternatives sound so easy, that all it takes is a click of the fingers.

We've kind of strayed off topic here but whether JZ stays or not, I for one am really enjoying seeing some of our youngsters come into the first team, playing without respect for the opposition with massive smiles on their faces. To me that is a big part of what football is all about. Youngsters coming in and ruffling the feathers of the old guard. It's great to see, particularly after some of the moping faces and whiney platitudes we've had to put up with over the past couple of seasons !
I hope we can continue to invest in developing our own youngsters, it's simply brilliant seeing them come in and more than hold their own at what is now, more or less, the TOP LEVEL.
More please !
Just a shame we did not start the new training centre which would help the production line of players coming through

Warnock told Teesside Live: "I would have liked to have brought Robbie Brady in if I'm honest. I think everybody knows that.

"We did speak to him. He came up here and what have you, but unfortunately we couldn't get it over the line and I see he's now signed for Bournemouth.

"He's a lovely lad a good player as well, so good luck to him.

"We talked with him, but we couldn't get anywhere near what he's offered at Bournemouth because they have the parachute payments.

"Those sides are always going to be able to carry bigger squads."

Warnock told Teesside Live: "I would have liked to have brought Robbie Brady in if I'm honest. I think everybody knows that.

"We did speak to him. He came up here and what have you, but unfortunately we couldn't get it over the line and I see he's now signed for Bournemouth.

"We talked with him, but we couldn't get anywhere near what he's offered at Bournemouth because they have the parachute payments.

Gosh...that was a near miss for Robbie

Player without club since July signs on a free for another club to replace someone who has come down with a terrible illness. Rival manager claims 'we were just about to sign him'. No news why they didn't sign the player during the 15+ weeks he was without a club and training on his own.

Last edited:
Maybe Colin and Neil should share a jacuzzi to discuss parachute payments and Royal Cherry should film it for YouTube.

Now there’s an image you will carry around for a while.

Maybe we should start a parachute payment discussion…
Clearly Warnock is wrong and Brady signed because he loves the beach. Was offered more by Wycombe apparently, if only we had a completely unjustified income that allowed us to outspend the majority of other teams in the league and build a better squad. Hey ho. I guess we’ll have to make do with untried kids like Cahill and Christie and pray they come good.

Panic buy... He was injured lots for Burnley too. Seems like a nice bloke, but he should probably move on to something else.

;