Robbie Savage

Not sure why anybody is surprised or offended? He’s usually pretty honest and I would think more people than not agree with him. Good job league positions are based on merit not opinions.

I listened to that on the way home. It was just one big wind up and the sort of argument a couple of 13 year old kids would have.

Jean , AFCB fan from Hudds was quality yet I'm sure I've met her briefly on my travels.

To be honest I don't share his views. As long as there's something to play for then I'll watch any game. Cardiff today for example, Id rather watch that than some top six team simply trying to cement a Champions League spot whilst not challenging for the title. There are so many permutations in many games I think its a bit juvenile to simply suggest you'd prefer to watch a club with a bigger / noisier fan base -nonsense.

It was just a useless argument. His point was lets get the the old teams back to the PL that used to be big...Leeds, Notts Forest, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc because they would be games the neutral fan would make an effort to go and see, Nothing to do with the quality of football, the teams he was picking on played. And his choices were so random. Why not have Preston North End and Blackpool in his list.

He’s like audio clickbait, still insists Mark Hughes is a good manager, and just stirring up interest in the show. It’s really not worth listening to his opinion on anything, it's never intelligent or informed. Chris Sutton ditto.

Not a lot happened in the PL yesterday concerning the 'big 6'.
Man City won a game they were expected to win.
The Solskjaer appointment had already been talked to death.
So they needed to stir the pot in order to get the calls.
It worked.
It was Talk Sport level of utter trash-radio, a brand of radio that both Jason Mohammed and Robbie Savage are suited to:

- Say something controversial
- Berate any caller who disagrees by saying they 'haven't understood the point/haven't listened property'.
- Repeat.

606 has been going down the toilet for years. Yet I still listen. Go f*** myself.

Jean ! if you read this...you tied him up in knots....its a privilge to have you as a Boscombe fan! Huddersfield have a greater history than Leeds... and are to my mind a great club....hope they beat Leeds next season if they dont come up! Thank you for that strong victorious phone - in to 606 on behalf of our club!

Last edited:
I know we shouldn't get wound up by what they said but I was in the car while working and caught the start of it all and it annoyed me right away!

His whole point was based around him thinking these big clubs from the 90's should be back in the PL for their crowd size and atmosphere. I could have just about ignored that had they not invited people to phone in and name clubs they would get rid of to allow this!

What was the point in naming clubs? How disrespectful! And as DW313 says, when people commented or phoned in, they were put down as apparently not understanding his opinion. Ridiculous for a national radio station and so bad it was on the Durham levels.

Maybe they would want the Royal Engineers back as they were quite big in the late 1900's.

;