Rotherham - The verdict.

I felt we really missed Lewis Cook as he links the play between the back line and forwards better than any of the others. Can’t understand why Mepham and Kelly wait until they are under pressure before passing. Complacency rather than composure. The longer you wait to play the pass the more time you give the opposition to get organised. They are young so hopefully will learn and also thereby pick up fewer injuries.

I felt we really missed Lewis Cook as he links the play between the back line and forwards better than any of the others. Can’t understand why Mepham and Kelly wait until they are under pressure before passing. Complacency rather than composure. The longer you wait to play the pass the more time you give the opposition to get organised. They are young so hopefully will learn and also thereby pick up fewer injuries.
I think the idea is to draw the press to create a better angle to play round them. I don’t think we got those angles quite right today and ended up putting team mates under pressure. Moving to a 3 and as you say, missing Lewis as the link man probably played a part in that.

game to forget
Missed Cook badly
Dom doing a great job, looks to be the real deal, the work paid off
Fustrating but useful point, especially as Norwich squandered their lead
defensively - argh !!! especially in the air - is Fletch still coaching on this - if so, it is not working. extra homework needed - we looked so frail. Smith, Mepham & Kelly all sloppy with the ball on the deck.
overall bit of a comedown from last 3 games but the wheels are still on the bus.

Roll on Tuesday.

Other than people saying “What does anyone see in Billing” and “Billing is poor”, I never see anyone actually saying what’s so specifically poor about him. Far FAR better today than Gosling and Lerma. If anyone thinks Billing was s*** today, please actually give a reason so that there can be a discussion!

Key pass for the equaliser, carried the ball forward well, some incisive, accurate passes, energy getting from box to box, a couple of important tackles in our box. What the hell does everyone want him to do exactly? He’s a box to box midfielder. He does a little bit of everything. Yeah, so he gets pickpocketed sometimes on the ball, so what? He’s not this world class midfielder, he’s a good option.

Everyone scapegoating him on here after the performances of some of the players today: that is a far lazier thing than any performance he’s ever put in for us!

Here is a reason - rather than pass and move, he passes and stands still.

Other than people saying “What does anyone see in Billing” and “Billing is poor”, I never see anyone actually saying what’s so specifically poor about him.

The fact that he's regularly beaten in the air by players a full 6(six) inches shorter than him is one reason.

Contrast with how often J-Lerm (great spring against taller opponents) or Dom win headers in their own box while defending. :)

Defensively, Billing jogs around, is a bystander in the vicinity of opponents, lets them go, jogs after them.

Going forward, with the ball, he LOOKS slow and like he is always just about to lose the ball, but I think he is surprisingly skillful, and retains possession well.

The fact that he's regularly beaten in the air by players a full 6(six) inches shorter than him is one reason.

Contrast with how often J-Lerm (great spring against taller opponents) or Dom win headers in their own box while defending. :)

Glad you wrote that 6 as a six.

Didn't have a clue what you were on about until the confirmation (affirmation).

Thanks for the clarification.

;)

;