Ryan Christie

As someone who has watched Ryan Christie from his first match in Celtic colours, to his last, all I'll say is good riddance, a player who flatters to deceive and obviously thinks he's far better than his skill level suggests.

Don't get me wrong, if he had knuckled down at Celtic and tried to improve his game, he had the potential. Instead, he believed his own hype and stagnated.

Ryan Christie's level is playing cannon fodder in the Vanarama reserve cup or whatever mickey mouse cup the English lower leagues play, where undoubtedly he will shine, Just don't expect him to turn up when it matters the most at the business end of the season against your main rivals.

Edit : just to add. If he was so good from an international point of view, take a look at the Scotland midfield v England a few weeks back.

Last edited:
As someone who has watched Ryan Christie from his first match in Celtic colours, to his last, all I'll say is good riddance, a player who flatters to deceive and obviously thinks he's far better than his skill level suggests.

Don't get me wrong, if he had knuckled down at Celtic and tried to improve his game, he had the potential. Instead, he believed his own hype and stagnated.

Ryan Christie's level is playing cannon fodder in the Vanarama reserve cup or whatever mickey mouse cup the English lower leagues play, where undoubtedly he will shine, Just don't expect him to turn up when it matters the most at the business end of the season against your main rivals.

Edit : just to add. If he was so good from an international point of view, take a look at the Scotland midfield v England a few weeks back.

Lol not sure your views match other Celtic fans

oooooh lovely, footballers family bitching. reminds me of how much "fun" kids football was. the mums were usually the worst. classy stuff!

So he does have the potential?....oh well that's great to hear... thanks for sharing...he probably realised he was stagnating tbf....I'm sure he'll thrive with us...

Mate, you are seriously going down the route of trying to belittle the standard of football over here? By signing for a championship club he’s now playing a higher standard of football, so perhaps this will get the best out of him.

41 goals and 44 assists in 120 games. Jesus, if Celtic fans don’t rate that output then I’m not surprised he wanted to leave. Although maybe it was an attitude or work rate issue.

Look at the pejorative language. It's just a troll after a reaction. Ignore.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the international break finishing as there's a chance we'll be able to field some players that don't get asked for ID when they buy a drink.

The youngsters have done well but now it's time to temper them with some experience.

He's here to compete with 6 or 7 attacking midfielders for 3 maybe 4 spots in the team. No idea where he'll fit in that pecking order as yet.

Have to take anything from Scottish football with a pinch of salt but his statistics are reasonable.

It wasn't that long ago the daily record were raving about him and linking him to Arsenal. Now clearly that was exaggerated, but it contrasts interestingly what Celtic fans are saying now!

Its clear we needed something in that department though, he seems a slightly different type of player to Marcondes or Brooks. Lets have a look at him.

He's here to compete with 6 or 7 attacking midfielders for 3 maybe 4 spots in the team. No idea where he'll fit in that pecking order as yet.

Have to take anything from Scottish football with a pinch of salt but his statistics are reasonable.

It wasn't that long ago the daily record were raving about him and linking him to Arsenal. Now clearly that was exaggerated, but it contrasts interestingly what Celtic fans are saying now!

Its clear we needed something in that department though, he seems a slightly different type of player to Marcondes or Brooks. Lets have a look at him.

Very much this, statistics in Scotland mean very little but does contradict Celtic fans comments that he wasn’t playing for them or doing anything for them when he does…as that clearly isn’t the case.

Does he walk into the side as the new number 10 ahead of Marcondes? Certainly a more conventional number 10 than Billing.

All down to who links up the best and creates the chances.

An article that might give us an insight into the player we have signed and after reading it and seeing what he can do we could have a really exciting player now on our books.

Of course as they say the ‘proof is in the pudding’.

After reading this see if it has wetted your appetite like it did mine.

From section 2 of the article -

Consistent source of goals.

As an attacking midfielder, playing in a Celtic team who have made scoring goals look so easy for the past few seasons, you'd expect Christie to chip in with a few.

Even still, though, his strike rate is pretty freakish.

Having netted 20 goals in 45 appearances for Celtic last season, he has averaged roughly a goal every three appearances (37 in 123) since arriving at Parkhead.

He netted 15 in his 57 appearances over two spells with Aberdeen, and has already scored four times for Scotland. Those came four different matches, including his spellbinding strike in the eventual win over Serbia that took his country to Euro 2020.

Not only does he score a decent number of goals, but he does so at a consistent rate.

https://www.90min.com/posts/things-to-know-celtic-playmaker-ryan-christie

Last edited:

;