Ryan Christie

:rofl:
Suck it up losers and well done to Ryan for coming here for absolutely the right reasons !
Well done to his family too for defending his decision. Now I REALLY hope it works out well for him with us, so that he can really stick it up ‘em ! Good lad ! :thumbup:

“That old never has been Provan is still stealing a living off of the back of a little club like ours”

Back in our League 1 days a colleague of mine was a former Chairman of Celtic. Whenever we talked about football, which wasn’t that often and was usually about football finances, he was always respectful of the fact that I supported a side in the lower leagues. People were a bit classier then.

Last edited:
Provan is just an idiot who thinks beating up the weaker kids in school makes him a big time charlie. I'm pretty sure that if Celtic were in the EPL they'd be in the bottom half along with teams like Bournemouth. Christie on the other hand seems to realise that he'll learn a bloody sight more playing the likes of Fulham and West Brom than he ever will playing against Kilmarnock.

Like the look of him so far. Struggling to remember an incident of him giving the ball away all game, a couple of efforts on goal and linked well with Smith for the goal. Would like him to start centrally in games where we can take the game to the opposition more, but in certain games he can clearly do a job out wide to accommodate Pearson in the middle.

I pop on to News Now occasionally to see what the rest of the Championship and others, are doing, I was amazed at the amount of stuff, North of the border, there was about Christie. I mean I know there was a a lot of stuff on our blogs about the wee man, and King and even Callum, in the past but the sheer bitterness about a mid-fielder coming to us is extraordinary. No wonder he wanted to come down here for a bit of peace and to play his football and no wonder, Eddie didn't go. Some people really need to get a life.

Like the look of him so far. Struggling to remember an incident of him giving the ball away all game, a couple of efforts on goal and linked well with Smith for the goal. Would like him to start centrally in games where we can take the game to the opposition more, but in certain games he can clearly do a job out wide to accommodate Pearson in the middle.

He gave it away twice early on, along with Kelly and Pearson , but they all tightened up.

I think he was central to start with against qpr until brooks went off??.
I would say he was preferred to brooks out wide yesterday not to just accommodate Pearson but brooks can be a bit lightweight at times so maybe wanted a tougher team out there

Prefer him out wide to central so far. Busy and always showing himself for the ball, always challenging and hassling. Far more physical than Brooks. The missing bit so far is the link play (something Brooks generally does well) and ultimately of course the end product... much more to come I think/hope.

Prefer him out wide to central so far. Busy and always showing himself for the ball, always challenging and hassling. Far more physical than Brooks. The missing bit so far is the link play (something Brooks generally does well) and ultimately of course the end product... much more to come I think/hope.
Think the pace and intensity of Championship football twice a week will catch him out at first. He's probably only used to half a dozen high intensity games a season north of the border.
I think that there is lots more to come from him considering he's only been here a couple of weeks .

I think he was central to start with against qpr until brooks went off??.
I would say he was preferred to brooks out wide yesterday not to just accommodate Pearson but brooks can be a bit lightweight at times so maybe wanted a tougher team out there
Yes he was, through the did okay against QPR but will naturally need a bit of time to settle in. You could well be right, he certainly seems more defensively diligent than Brooks.

I pop on to News Now occasionally to see what the rest of the Championship and others, are doing, I was amazed at the amount of stuff, North of the border, there was about Christie. I mean I know there was a a lot of stuff on our blogs about the wee man, and King and even Callum, in the past but the sheer bitterness about a mid-fielder coming to us is extraordinary. No wonder he wanted to come down here for a bit of peace and to play his football and no wonder, Eddie didn't go. Some people really need to get a life.

I know. They are negatively obsessed with him. Player doesn't want to extend. Player leaves club for another club... Shock horror.

Size isn't everything, so they say. Celtic are a huge club compared to ours but the lad has shown ambition by moving away, actually nearly as far away from Celtic as possible in the country. Whether his mindset is to use us as a stepping stone to get into the PL, hopefully with us, I applaud his decision , at this stage of his career, to move away from Parkhead. The top of the championship is a much higher quality of football than the SPL so he's already challenging himself. I hope he turns out to be a great player for us

;