Ryan Fredericks

I think we can all agree that this signing has been a disaster. I have no axe to grind against any of the recruitment team but Frederick's injury history at previous clubs has been appalling and should have given some indicator of his future fitness.

I think we can all agree that this signing has been a disaster. I have no axe to grind against any of the recruitment team but Frederick's injury history at previous clubs has been appalling and should have given some indicator of his future fitness.

Oh there's no doubt about it and tbf to Waz he called it at the time. In some ways you can understand wanting to add genuine PL defensive experience to a newly promoted side, like we did with Marc Wilson and Sylvain Distin but it didn't work.

I remember away at Forest last season. 2-0 down at HT and brought Fredericks on. He played at wing back and ripped them to pieces, won 3-2 even with only 10 men.
Shame about the injuries as there is a great player there.
Also very good away at Fulham too.

Maybe Parker pushed for the deal and this helped get the deal over the line given he wasn’t backed with funds so wanted to keep him happier?

I am not sure his injury is the same as previous injuries so may just be unlucky this time? Or maybe was just an accident waiting to happen

It was at Craven Cottage where Fredericks enjoyed two seasons playing alongside Scott Parker and he becomes the Cherries head coach’s first signing ahead of the 2022/23 Premier League season.

in the season before he signed for us he missed 13 PL games he was in the squad for all euro games (they reached semi final) he had no reported injuries that season ( as per transfermarkt) the season before he was out for 5 game injured and not selected for 4 more (again as per transfermarkt).
it does seem like he had a bad injury record before us?

in the season before he signed for us he missed 13 PL games he was in the squad for all euro games (they reached semi final) he had no reported injuries that season ( as per transfermarkt) the season before he was out for 5 game injured and not selected for 4 more (again as per transfermarkt).
it does seem like he had a bad injury record before us?
But not “appalling”

;