Ryan Fredericks

No problem with signing players on a free, if they are good enough. Rothwell would be a very good signing, one of the most creative midfielders in the championship last season and just hitting his prime. Fredericks is injury prone, past his peak, will be 30 in September and was third choice right back for a team we will be playing in the same division as. Stacey isn’t good enough in my opinion but I’d sooner keep him on than sign Fredericks, at least we won’t still be lumbered with him if we go down. This signing doesn’t make sense, the only logical justification is too add PL experience but even that isn’t entirely logical as we don’t exactly lack that anyway. Very happy with Rothwell, Fredericks is very disappointing. We are being linked with Matt Ritchie too, if that one turns out to be true then I’d start to question the strategy going into this season. We need young proven championship players with the ability to make the step up who will be able to get us back if we go down and provide resale value. We don’t need past it players who we are only going to be lumbered with on big wages if we are to go down.
Do we know what length of contract is being offered for Fredericks ? He's played for Parker so I'd assume that they both know what to expect from each other.

Do we know what length of contract is being offered for Fredericks ? He's played for Parker so I'd assume that they both know what to expect from each other.
He’d already signed for West Ham by the time that Parker was Fulham manager?
no idea on contract length but it will be longer than a year

[

I’m hoping Ritchie is just the usual transfer window ‘well he has a house in the new forest’ ridiculous link.

Although he’s not going to be in Newcastles plans for much longer regardless
It wouldn’t make sense on any level. If we go back down he would quite likely be too old to still be a top performer at that level, he’d be on big wages and there would be no prospect of moving him on. If we’re talking about next season alone then he was only ever an okay player at PL level anyway, he’s now past his prime. I truly hope there’s nothing in it because that is the kind of signing you make when you are desperate.

It wouldn’t make sense on any level. If we go back down he would quite likely be too old to still be a top performer at that level, he’d be on big wages and there would be no prospect of moving him on. If we’re talking about next season alone then he was only ever an okay player at PL level anyway, he’s now past his prime. I truly hope there’s nothing in it because that is the kind of signing you make when you are desperate.
We need to take rumours with a pinch of salt, no point stressing over something that's unlikely to happen

We need to take rumours with a pinch of salt, no point stressing over something that's unlikely to happen
Not stressing, just commenting. It’s a long close season and little to discuss in football terms right now other than fictitious transfer rumours haha

Not stressing, just commenting. It’s a long close season and little to discuss in football terms right now other than fictitious transfer rumours haha
Englands women are playing tonight. Maybe you can give us your thought on their chances of winning the Euros.

No problem with signing players on a free, if they are good enough. Rothwell would be a very good signing, one of the most creative midfielders in the championship last season and just hitting his prime. Fredericks is injury prone, past his peak, will be 30 in September and was third choice right back for a team we will be playing in the same division as. Stacey isn’t good enough in my opinion but I’d sooner keep him on than sign Fredericks, at least we won’t still be lumbered with him if we go down. This signing doesn’t make sense, the only logical justification is too add PL experience but even that isn’t entirely logical as we don’t exactly lack that anyway. Very happy with Rothwell, Fredericks is very disappointing. We are being linked with Matt Ritchie too, if that one turns out to be true then I’d start to question the strategy going into this season. We need young proven championship players with the ability to make the step up who will be able to get us back if we go down and provide resale value. We don’t need past it players who we are only going to be lumbered with on big wages if we are to go down.
Think we lacked experience last season when Cahill wasn’t playing. We will be losing quite a few games so some old heads maybe helpful to support the younger talent

He is 29 soon turning 30? Surely he has at least 2-3 years playing at a decent level in him....so even if we go down would probably be a decent full back at championship level for 2 years. Haven't seen loads of him so don't really know if he is the right signing but based on age alone don't see the issue?

He is 29 soon turning 30? Surely he has at least 2-3 years playing at a decent level in him....so even if we go down would probably be a decent full back at championship level for 2 years. Haven't seen loads of him so don't really know if he is the right signing but based on age alone don't see the issue?
Was talking about Ritchie.

;