Ryan Fredericks

It is starting to look that way. Certainly a change so far from the recruitment under EH. It seems as though Parker came here knowing that he would be backed, but be backed in a sustainable fashion for the football club. Whereas the arrangement between EH and Demin was probably that Demin would try to give EH absolutely everything he felt he needed. Understandable but not really sustainable. Maybe too our voices have filtered through to the powers that be, and they have noticed that we the fans are not solely interested in which league we are playing in. We would also like to see some progress on the infrastructure front.

So, having written all of that, I fully expect us to now go and blow 35 million quid on some Wunderkind just because Parker has been told that he is hot sh*t :p

By the end of this window I reckon we should have a proper idea, whether or not there has been an actual change in our recruitment strategy for the Premier League seasons.

As The Athletic article points out, this Fredericks signing makes a lot of sense for a club in our position. No complaints from me.
Well, we certainly splashed out in the previous transfer window. I'm happy with whoever we sign!

Oh joy, another two pages worth of discussion about Waz. Two pages of conversation have taken place in which neither he nor I (who is apparently him) have said a word, yet he seems to be the hot topic of conversation. When will you people realise that you are no better than he is if you are clogging up the forum with such pointless mundane castigation of one (or two, or apparently even three) individual? It’s ludicrous and it’s gotten to the point where every poor sod who says anything that isn’t overwhelmingly positive is accused of being an imposter. Just leave it, if you think I’m him and don’t like to read what I write then just block me, just stop ruining the forum for everybody else.

Granted but Waz hijacked many threads in the lead up the the Forest game force feeding the fact that Forest would get promoted, they were a better team, he would win loads of money and we and the bookies were all fools for not jumping on board so I would say for that month period Waz ruined the forum now you’re saying it’s happening again. Coincidence? Also Coincidentally a couple of days later he was never seen again. What does that tell you?

It’s a forum for opinions, opinions aren’t force feeding people making out they are ‘delusional’ if they don’t agree with you.

Well, we certainly splashed out in the previous transfer window. I'm happy with whoever we sign!
Yes, which is why we need to wait for this window to close to see what our policy will be in the Premier League.

In January we had a very good chance of securing automatic promotion, so it made sense to bolster the squad and give ourselves the best shot of securing that promotion. It was a bit of a punt by Max, but once again, it came off.

Now I am interested to see how we approach recruitment in this next Premier League spell. First indications are that maybe we are looking to hold some of that huge income back ( for whatever purpose that may be ), rather than spending it all on trying to secure our PL status above all else.

In the Championship, we had promotion within reach, so it made sense to invest in January.

In the PL, our only realistic objective is to try not to get sent straight back down. So it's conceivable that we will approach our recruitment with a different mindset now that we are back in the PL because realistically, whatever we do, we are still likely to struggle to stay there for very long anyway.

So I'm very interested to see if we invest the PL millions, once again almost completely, in playing staff or if we decide to take a different approach this time around.

I still feel that attitude, commitment and tactics will be more useful in maintaining PL status than bringing in an expensive load of overrated new players, trying to integrate them and losing them all as soon as we get relegated anyway, which additionally disrupts the squad for the following season's assault on the Championship.

I think our current lot stand a fair chance if we get everything else right, so wouldn't be too upset if we don't change too much, as long as we focus on getting the maximum out of what we already have.

:utc:

The over- reactions to Waz and whoever might be a renewed version of him...are quite bizarre and frankly stupid... If the guy lost money betting on or against Boscombe or Forest, Borrusia Munchengladach or Forres Mechanics for that matter ..who on Planet Earth or the glistening Moons of Jupiter gives a Capybara's sexual encounter about it!
Could you write me my wedding speech please?

I think this is a great signing and follows in our trend of picking up players at the end of their contracts.

Hopefully, it marks a shift towards investing in infrastructure instead of player potential going forward.

Have just been told by a Hammers fan that although Fredericks was a bit lazy at first for them, he got better with every match he played. Fredericks should be good for us he says.

Yes, which is why we need to wait for this window to close to see what our policy will be in the Premier League.

In January we had a very good chance of securing automatic promotion, so it made sense to bolster the squad and give ourselves the best shot of securing that promotion. It was a bit of a punt by Max, but once again, it came off.

Now I am interested to see how we approach recruitment in this next Premier League spell. First indications are that maybe we are looking to hold some of that huge income back ( for whatever purpose that may be ), rather than spending it all on trying to secure our PL status above all else.

In the Championship, we had promotion within reach, so it made sense to invest in January.

In the PL, our only realistic objective is to try not to get sent straight back down. So it's conceivable that we will approach our recruitment with a different mindset now that we are back in the PL because realistically, whatever we do, we are still likely to struggle to stay there for very long anyway.

So I'm very interested to see if we invest the PL millions, once again almost completely, in playing staff or if we decide to take a different approach this time around.

I still feel that attitude, commitment and tactics will be more useful in maintaining PL status than bringing in an expensive load of overrated new players, trying to integrate them and losing them all as soon as we get relegated anyway, which additionally disrupts the squad for the following season's assault on the Championship.

I think our current lot stand a fair chance if we get everything else right, so wouldn't be too upset if we don't change too much, as long as we focus on getting the maximum out of what we already have.

"I still feel that attitude, commitment and tactics will be more useful in maintaining PL status than bringing in an expensive load of overrated new players ..."

You've hit the nail on the head.

Some time ago I tried to log in as Northstand pundit and found I had forgotten my log in so created a new account called North Stand Ostrich. I then managed to log in to my original account and for a while was tempted to have conversations with myself. "Great post that NS Pundit".... "Wonderful insight NS Ostrich" etc etc.
The problem now I have moved to the East stand so neither account is valid. Look out for East Stand Ostrich Pundit coming soon
Ask Brian.....he's done it...:ROFLMAO:

agree with what you are saying .
For me, if we are certain that the training ground is is certain to be built and is going to cost x amount of millions, I would think that would be a positive no matter what happens this season .
A lot of the money you receive in the premier league does go on players wages , as the club are put in a situation of playing a player demanding x amount per week to stay .
Getting tactics correct is key for this season .
You only have to see the England v Hungary game last week to see that if you can get the maximum out of players and get tactics correct you can get results

;