Sam Surridge

I really really wanted Surridge make it here, but if I’m being honest he is one of those players that would flatter to deceive. He’d have a decent game or make an impact from the bench and you’d get your hopes up that he could really make an impact. He’d then be a complete passenger in his next few appearances and you’d see why he wasn’t trusted to start. Then the cycle would start again. I’d say if played a full season as a regular then he’d probably bag around ten goals. He certainly has a knack of getting into goal scoring positions, although I wouldn’t describe his finishing as prolific. He’s quite a big lad but I’ve never seen him really dominate an opposition centre half physically. He’s not got a great turn of pace but I wouldn’t say that he was slow either. All in all I’d say he’s an okay player at this level, no outstanding attributes but can do a job for a mid table team.

Willo will be devastated for sure. Aspects of Surridge’s game are good but he doesn’t really excel at anything from what I’ve seen; especially considering how big he is he’s a bit of a soft touch too. Hope he does well.

How can anyone gloat to the Stoke fans at the price when you take into consideration what we have given Liverpool in the last 10 years lets be normal and just say un-disclosed ffs...

;