Sam Surridge

What’s the issue ,if he went to the manager and was told he was down in the pecking order and that he could be made available for a transfer.
Stoke came in offered him a decent contract and game time fair do.
We do it when we buy players I am certain.
Different it is the Fraser scenario, but this is a player who wants more action at his age and probably a better contract. Best of luck Sam

I don't think it matters as I'm not criticising the player I'm comparing the reaction by some on here to him potentially leaving with the reaction to Stan potentially leaving. In both cases all there was to go on was what was reported. Stan considering his options and Sam moving to Stoke is 'his call'.

They were both involved in the same stupid on field incident yet it only gets brought up as an example of a bad attitude for one of them. The guy who penned a new deal and stayed not the guy who is reportedly leaving.
It does matter because you twisted the manner of Sams departure to start a diatribe against us non-elites on here ;-)

I don't think it matters as I'm not criticising the player I'm comparing the reaction by some on here to him potentially leaving with the reaction to Stan potentially leaving. In both cases all there was to go on was what was reported. Stan considering his options and Sam moving to Stoke is 'his call'.

They were both involved in the same stupid on field incident yet it only gets brought up as an example of a bad attitude for one of them. The guy who penned a new deal and stayed not the guy who is reportedly leaving.

‘is his call’ is a more sensible way of putting it than ‘forcing a move’. Stoke bid, our club (like the rest of us) probably thought ‘really!’ when they saw the fee and he was told about it and wanted to play for a bigger club and get a signing on fee that will set him up for life.

That’s not forcing a move. Forcing a move is refusing to train or play so the club realises it has no option but to sell you, normally at a reduced price. That may have happened but you are the only person saying it (on your own admittance) and there is no evidence.

In terms of the other incident Stan got the blame because he was the senior pro, publically lambasting a far junior lad and he had done the same to Lloyd Kelly just a few weeks earlier. The difference was Sam bit back whereas Lloyd just wilted. Again, it may be correct that Stan did this if they were slacking but Sam was probably pointing out the irony of being attacked by a man that only ever puts it in for 30mins on the few occasions when he is not on the treatment table.

It's quite clear you're trying to twist this into something it's not but you're not being nearly as successful or subtle in starting an argument as you normally are! :D
‘is his call’ is a more sensible way of putting it than ‘forcing a move’. Stoke bid, our club (like the rest of us) probably thought ‘really!’ when they saw the fee and he was told about it and wanted to play for a bigger club and get a signing on fee that will set him up for life.

That’s not forcing a move. Forcing a move is refusing to train or play so the club realises it has no option but to sell you, normally at a reduced price. That may have happened but you are the only person saying it (on your own admittance) and there is no evidence.

In terms of the other incident Stan got the blame because he was the senior pro, publically lambasting a far junior lad and he had done the same to Lloyd Kelly just a few weeks earlier. The difference was Sam bit back whereas Lloyd just wilted. Again, it may be correct that Stan did this if they were slacking but Sam was probably pointing out the irony of being attacked by a man that only ever puts it in for 30mins on the few occasions where he is not on the treatment table.
The Stan/Kelly incident was earlier the same game, happened right in front of me in the Ted Shed. Stan was out of order then as well. I'd put it down to him being a mardy a*se for one day at work, it happens to us all.

In terms of the other incident Stan got the blame because he was the senior pro, publically lambasting a far junior lad and he had done the same to Lloyd Kelly just a few weeks earlier. The difference was Sam bit back whereas Lloyd just wilted. Again, it may be correct that Stan did this if they were slacking but Sam was probably pointing out the irony of being attacked by a man that only ever puts it in for 30mins on the few occasions when he is not on the treatment table.

I couldn't care less if he 'forced a move' or not. If he doesn't want to be here then he can go and I won't criticise him for it. It's his career and if you could be bothered to look back through my comments when people leave I hardly ever criticise them for wanting to move on.

I don't know how many times I can clarify, I'm criticising the people on here who were slagging Stan off for his disloyalty and bad attitude ... For considering his options when he's the wrong side of 30 and being involved in an on-field spat that they were both 50% to blame for. I've no issue with Surridge.

It's quite clear you're trying to twist this into something it's not but you're not being nearly as successful or subtle in starting a argument as you normally are! :D

This is my issue with @SlowDownDerek . He was great in the premier league, combative and turned up firing every week. Gave his all for this board. Last year, a bit lacklustre, going through the motions, uncontroversial bordering on nice at times.

This year trying to get the fizz back but stalling. A bit like David Brooks, has he missed his move to a big aggressive board like Milwall or Middlesbrough? Time will tell under new management this year but he needs to bring his A game soon or will only be commenting on Carabao cup threads if he is not careful.

Stanislas berating young players for poor decision making is not the sort of on field coaching that helps the team.
Surridge might believe he will get more playing time at stoke and fit in with their hard work style of play.

I couldn't care less if he 'forced a move' or not. If he doesn't want to be here then he can go and I won't criticise him for it. It's his career and if you could be bothered to look back through my comments when people leave I hardly ever criticise them for wanting to move on.

I don't know how many times I can clarify, I'm criticising the people on here who were slagging Stan off for his disloyalty and bad attitude ... For considering his options when he's the wrong side of 30 and being involved in an on-field spat that they were both 50% to blame for. I've no issue with Surridge.
If you couldn’t care less whether he forced a move or not why lead with it? That’s the odd bit people are picking you up on. He didn’t. The rest on Sam we all agree on I think, including you now.

I didn’t comment on Stan wanting to leave so can’t answer that, I respect anyone who wants to better things for their family. The spat I’ve explained on another thread, he did two in a game and it made him look like a tit, not the senior pro nurturing role he should take, and I respect Sam for pointing it out.

If you couldn’t care less whether he forced a move or not why lead with it? That’s the odd bit people are picking you up on. He didn’t. The rest on Sam we all agree on I think, including you now.

I didn’t comment on Stan wanting to leave so can’t answer that, I respect anyone who wants to better things for their family. The spat I’ve explained on another thread, he did two in a game and it made him look like a tit, not the senior pro nurturing role he should take, and I respect Sam for pointing it out.

Because of the two players only one of them looks set to leave, and he's leaving because he wants to. Usually when that happens (or in Stans case when it doesn't) we have a bunch of hand-wringers on here crying into their bovril at the idea that all of our players didn't grow up with AFCB posters on their walls. Don't you find that odd?

Surridge will get a better contract and more playing time. Good for him.

Either Surridge doesn't fit Parker ball, 5½ mill was too good to turn down or we have alternatives coming through or, maybe, all three. Good for us.

Goodbye Sam, wish you well except against us. Now I am only interested in those who are staying.

My man Surridge...sad he going innit....he has a 50/50 chance of a decent career at this level if handled well.
I also have a very high regard for Stanilas...good servant to our cause.

But for me 'taint too bad ..if its Stoke City in for Sam- they are another great club...with 'mostly' great fans.

And basically I have the mental capacity to get over most negative stuff concerning Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic FC.

60 year Story....its Hot !

This is my issue with @SlowDownDerek . He was great in the premier league, combative and turned up firing every week. Gave his all for this board. Last year, a bit lacklustre, going through the motions, uncontroversial bordering on nice at times.

This year trying to get the fizz back but stalling. A bit like David Brooks, has he missed his move to a big aggressive board like Milwall or Middlesbrough? Time will tell under new management this year but he needs to bring his A game soon or will only be commenting on Carabao cup threads if he is not careful.
I'd quite like the PL Neil Dawson back tbf.....you turn up less often these days than you think Stan does!

Because of the two players only one of them looks set to leave, and he's leaving because he wants to. Usually when that happens (or in Stans case when it doesn't) we have a bunch of hand-wringers on here crying into their bovril at the idea that all of our players didn't grow up with AFCB posters on their walls. Don't you find that odd?
Difficult because I can’t seperate my own feelings on it which are everyone should do the best for their family, clubs are quick to sack or release people who aren’t any good so don’t deserve much loyalty. Managers deserve loyalty but we’ve had four in a year.

So, I’m speaking for others here but I guess not signing a contract when offered is a bigger crime than earning the club 5.5m after a few appearances when you were only going to be bit part

Difficult because I can’t seperate my own feelings on it which are everyone should do the best for their family, clubs are quick to sack or release people who aren’t any good so don’t deserve much loyalty. Managers deserve loyalty but we’ve had four in a year.

So, I’m speaking for others here but I guess not signing a contract when offered is a bigger crime than earning the club 5.5m after a few appearances when you were only going to be bit part

Completely agree with your first paragraph, the absolute last people that players should listen to when making big career decisions is fan's opinions. They are completely fickle and do not have players' best interests in mind. Clubs marginally better but not much.

Speculation but I'm pretty sure both Stan and Smith were offered massive pay cuts so it wouldn't have been a straightforward decision for either. Both with have had to consider what's best for their families. Sam the same.

;