San Siro

Def_II_Royalz

Star Player
Have any of you ever been there? I'm currently sat on the very top row behind one of the goals and it is an incredible thing. Wish I could see an actual game.

...a few moons ago, I was driving from Italy to Switzerland whilst on holiday and on the way I thought that we would take in The San Siro Stadium...as we pulled into the car park and got out for the obligatory photo with me in my AFCB shirt (Red & Black Stripes) and my step son in his away AFCB shirt (Blue & Black Stripes)...we were approached by someone who worked at the stadium and he offered us a free tour.

We were thrilled to see inside the sanctum...changing rooms,press offices, and other rather stately areas...then we were allowed pitch side and witnessed the massive arena close up from the dug outs!

It was a memorable opportunity and one that will live in the memory banks forever...

Nice! What an experience. I love it when stuff like that happens! Would to bring it home but I think about half of the bottom tier would do us just fine.

The thing about the San Siro for me is that it looks so exciting from the outside. Something about the design, it just makes you desperate to go in and see the spectacle.

Seen a few games there over the years, the Milan Derby is quite a colourful & noisy event !

Always wanted to go so did a budget flight the Sunday after we beat Man Utd 2-1 in the Prem. Easy to get tickets from the club website - I chose Verona. Booked to see davinci's last supper on same day. Impressive stadium albeit milan crowd on the back of players after every mistake, guess after gullit and van basten they have high standards. Ultras provide good atmosphere behind the goal.

Re football tours a day in Munich is wonderful if you do the 1972 Olympic park and stadium as well as alliance arena. I chose to watch the 2014 World Cup Germany v Portugal live broadcast in a fan zone in the Olympic park later that day and it was a very enjoyable experience. Great views of park from tv tower.

AFCBade - 27/6/2017 16:47

Always wanted to go so did a budget flight the Sunday after we beat Man Utd 2-1 in the Prem. Easy to get tickets from the club website - I chose Verona. Booked to see davinci's last supper on same day. Impressive stadium albeit milan crowd on the back of players after every mistake, guess after gullit and van basten they have high standards. Ultras provide good atmosphere behind the goal.

Re football tours a day in Munich is wonderful if you do the 1972 Olympic park and stadium as well as alliance arena. I chose to watch the 2014 World Cup Germany v Portugal live broadcast in a fan zone in the Olympic park later that day and it was a very enjoyable experience. Great views of park from tv tower.

I went to the old Bayern Munich stadium and Olympic Park many years ago on a school trip,I'll always remember it as it was the day after Everton had played against them in the European or Cup Winners Cup I think.
No stadium tour but you could pay a small fee and walk around the stadium,they were clearing up after the game the night before and my friend found a program from the match.
We went up the a Olympic Tower as well,great view as you say.

bigfatolly - 27/6/2017 19:08

I went to the old Bayern Munich stadium and Olympic Park many years ago on a school trip,I'll always remember it as it was the day after Everton had played against them in the European or Cup Winners Cup I think.
No stadium tour but you could pay a small fee and walk around the stadium,they were clearing up after the game the night before and my friend found a program from the match.
We went up the a Olympic Tower as well,great view as you say.

Wish our school did trips like that! The tour now takes you round the park and goes into dressing rooms of the ground that had different coloured areas for Bayern and TSV, the two clubs that shared the ground. Very good value for money.

'my friend found a program from the match'

I've been to a few games in Italy, not the San Siro yet, and was very disappointed that they don't have programmes. I like to keep them to look back at some of the players I've seen.

Ivyhouse - 27/6/2017 20:47

'my friend found a program from the match'

I've been to a few games in Italy, not the San Siro yet, and was very disappointed that they don't have programmes. I like to keep them to look back at some of the players I've seen.

I am the same and it's helpful to remember what games I have been to! I try to get a newspaper like A bola or la gazette Della sport which has some info on the game but it's not the same.

;