Scott Dann

Braithwell - 13/2/2017 14:00

I wonder which of our players other teams would be queuing up to sign should we be relegated ?

The most interesting 3 in that hypothetical would be: Charlie Daniels, Josh King and Harry Arter (not that he'd go IMO). Don't think many of the rest would generate much interest at this moment. But it won't come to that!!

Think newly promoted teams would look for rich pickings plus Steve cook would attract a lot of interest.

All good but I have seen some other journo quoting that he was on 60 grand a week at Palace. Just hope we are not replacing Begovic with like for like wages.

From what I’ve seen and heard from the players/Parker and his staff, I think SP is trying to implement a high pressing style. This requires the centre halves to be able to push up to the half way line while in possession and thus a key attribute needed is pace for when the ball transitions over and we are not able to recover it. While in possession he seems to want the centre halves to be able to bring the ball out from the back to start the play. I am not sure how Dann in any way fits into any of this.

And btw, an article by football insider is not ‘gaining traction.’ They are the daily star equivalent of football rumour sites. Only take this rumour seriously if you see it originate somewhere else. The Athletic claimed a few days ago that Parker likes him but that the preference is a ball playing centre back.

forget ability to fit in with potential tactics and stories on click-baity fooball rumour sites, he's played 50 odd games in the last five seasons ffs

Makes Stan look fitter that Mo Farah

And btw, an article by football insider is not ‘gaining traction.’ They are the daily star equivalent of football rumour sites. Only take this rumour seriously if you see it originate somewhere else. The Athletic claimed a few days ago that Parker likes him but that the preference is a ball playing centre back.

Not really sure why this comment was necessary, and why you continue to have a poor attitude towards mine and others posts, wasn’t it you starting a thread about Steve Cook must be on his way out as he hasn’t travelled to Spain, didn’t see this backed up by any article let alone a ‘daily star’ one.

In my opinion if it’s quoted days apart by different outlets it’s gaining traction.

From what I’ve seen and heard from the players/Parker and his staff, I think SP is trying to implement a high pressing style. This requires the centre halves to be able to push up to the half way line while in possession and thus a key attribute needed is pace for when the ball transitions over and we are not able to recover it. While in possession he seems to want the centre halves to be able to bring the ball out from the back to start the play. I am not sure how Dann in any way fits into any of this.
Not sure how Freddie Woodmam fits into that philosophy either tbf... very poor with his feet by all accounts.....we're still trying to sign him though...... it's all very confusing isn't it?

Not sure how Freddie Woodmam fits into that philosophy either tbf... very poor with his feet by all accounts.....we're still trying to sign him though...... it's all very confusing isn't it?
As long as he can see the ball and keep it out of the net….unlike Travers this evening…. I can forgive him the odd dodgy pass, just PLEASE don’t make Travers our number one. Sorry Trav.

As long as he can see the ball and keep it out of the net….unlike Travers this evening…. I can forgive him the odd dodgy pass, just PLEASE don’t make Travers our number one. Sorry Trav.
I don’t think there is any need to be too down on Travers. He isn’t ready for the first team just yet but he does have all of the ingredients to be in the future. Needs a good loan.

Ever since the majority of the old guard left, there's been a leadership vacuum. Cook's tried but he just doesn't have the same capabilities as Surman, Franno and Elphick did. I'm afraid I don't see a Captain Cook (hopefully, later down the line I'm wrong).

Scott Dann fulfils that leadership role. Much like Distin, we need a player who has character and a heap of experience. Sign him up and make him captain.

As it stands, I'm assuming I'm up-to-date as haven't really being paying too much attention the last few days, we will be starting the season in two weeks time with the same squad we finished last season with, one new signing and a Stan who doesn't know what he wants. Again, a squad with that ability, if it stays the same, should be a match for anyone in this league. If they can be arsed.

;