Scott Hogan

If we’re going to show no ambition in our choice of manager, could we not at least show some in our signings? Is Scott bloody Hogan the Wilson/King replacement that will fire is to promotion? Good god. A Villa (who are a fucking sh*t side) reject?

If we’re going to show no ambition in our choice of manager, could we not at least show some in our signings? Is Scott bloody Hogan the Wilson/King replacement that will fire is to promotion? Good god. A Villa (who are a fucking sh*t side) reject?

Unfortunately we're going to have to get used to underwhelming signings now we're in the Championship. I doubt there will be any new signings that make us feel like wow we're going right back up so therefore it's important to keep most of the players we have from last season because there is quality there and they under-performed last season. I know people expect us to sell King and Wilson but I do hope we can keep one of them because I wouldn't trust Solanke and Surridge upfront.

Scott Hogan is a decent championship striker, wouldn’t be my first choice but wouldn’t be a bad signing.

Waz, you have literally gone from Mr Negative, everything is ****************, to come on we will stroll this division!

Waz, you have literally gone from Mr Negative, everything is ****************, to come on we will stroll this division!
I am positive because outside of the pl I will actually have a chance to enjoy football again! No VAR, and we can actually potentially achieve something (other than just surviving.) I don’t really understand why everyone isn’t as positive?! Would you all rather we strived for 17th place in the top league every year?! I genuinely believe that if we hold on to who we want to hold onto, and recruit wisely, that we have a very good chance!

I
I am positive because outside of the pl I will actually have a chance to enjoy football again! No VAR, and we can actually potentially achieve something (other than just surviving.) I don’t really understand why everyone isn’t as positive?! Would you all rather we strived for 17th place in the top league every year?! I genuinely believe that if we hold on to who we want to hold onto, and recruit wisely, that we have a very good chance!
I am 100% positive as well

Wouldn't be a bad signing. We need someone who is a proven goal scorer at this level whilst Surridge and Solanke get up to speed. He's been a bit unlucky with injuries throughout his career. Would love someone on the up like Toney but it is what it is.

Shane Long or Chris Martin for me. I have villa and blues mates. Villa fans don't like him and blues think he is okay. That is blues though. They finished bottom half.

He was loaned out to Birmingham and they weren't interested in a deal. Surely we can do better than villa's cast offs.

Scott Hogan is a decent championship striker, wouldn’t be my first choice but wouldn’t be a bad signing.

Villa fan and Vital Villa mod here in peace, trust me I'd drive Scott Hogan to Bournemouth and so would every other Villa fan he's our version of Solanke only worse,
He had half a good season for Brentford and Bruce bought him Deano saw us coming.
You have better strikers if you can hang onto them, don't do what we did start buying championship players as that's where you'll stay. It took us 3 years to get back.
It's a tough league to get out of but I have to say it's far more fun than getting mullered in the PL every week.

Rather take Grabban or Stockley back tbh

The Grabber is a top lad in the Championship, far better than Hogan, did Villa a great job under Bruce. I'm sure we'd have bought him but we were far too close to going under at the time

Villa fan and Vital Villa mod here...

Didn't @DJ get banned from Vital Villa?

We're obviously going to be in the market for strikers so it's likely a lot of links will emerge. Under Howe's regime it was rare for anything to leak in advance of a player signing and I'd guess Tindall will try to run as tight a ship. So, as much fun as the speculation is, I wouldn't put too much credence in stories linking us with players. It's usually a sign their agent is trying to generate interest in them from elsewhere by getting their name in the papers.

The Grabber is a top lad in the Championship, far better than Hogan, did Villa a great job under Bruce. I'm sure we'd have bought him but we were far too close to going under at the time[/QUOTE
]A lot of our fans think hes only good for penalties

;