Scott Parker

As before, lighten the wage bill but still expect the same result

Sorry, I just don't see this... You can't ship out all the players (and quality) we have done and replace with kids and freebies and expect the same levels of quality...

The more we roll through the early parts of the season, the more it's obvious (to me) that Parker is here for a project... It wouldn't surprise me if his remit was to merely remain competitive this season, whilst losing key players and finally see what our academy has nurtured over the last few seasons... Finally test the waters with some homegrown young blood, and if we can can go one step furht, it's a bonus...

However, the medium-term goal is to rebuild and reshape everything about the club from what had become AFC Eddie... We all love Eddie but now he's no longer here, it is plainly obvious that his time was up and the club needed to stand on it's own two feet and not constantly in Eddie's shadow...

I'd guess that we're looking to get back to the PL asap, but realistically it's accepted that this could be anything between this season and 3 season's time... Hence the urgency of reducing the wage bill town to be more sustainable.

Parker needs to prove his managerial nous at a club that will challenge him... The attraction of rebuilding an ex PL club back up to a club that knocks on the PL door again, until it finally opens, with something other than just money, must have appealed... He said in his initial interviews that 'this club felt the right fit for him at his stage of career'...

Maybe, Max has realised that we need to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Brentford, Norwich, WBA et al and learn to walk before we run... We basically ran a sprint from Lg 2 to the PL and never stopped to think... Well it seems our thinking time has come...

Last edited:
Sorry, I just do see this... You can't ship out all the players (and quality) we have done and replace with kids and freebies and expect the same levels of quality...

The more we roll through the early parts of the season, the more it's obvious (to me) that Parker is here for a project... It wouldn't surprise me if his remit was to merely remain competitive this season, whilst losing key players and finally see what our academy has nurtured over the last few seasons... Finally test the waters with some homegrown young blood, and if we can can go one step furht, it's a bonus...

However, the medium-term goal is to rebuild and reshape everything about the club from what had become AFC Eddie... We all love Eddie but now he's no longer here, it is plainly obvious that his time was up and the club needed to stand on it's own two feet and not constantly in Eddie's shadow...

I'd guess that we're looking to get back to the PL asap, but realistically it's accepted that this could be anything between this season and 3 season's time... Hence the urgency of reducing the wage bill town to be more sustainable.

Parker needs to prove his managerial nous at a club that will challenge him... The attraction of rebuilding an ex PL club back up to a club that knocks on the PL door again, until it finally opens, with something other than just money, must have appealed... He said in his initial interviews that 'this club felt the right fit for him at his stage of career'...

Maybe, Max has realised that we need to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Brentford, Norwich, WBA et al and learn to walk before we run... We basically ran a sprint from Lg 2 to the PL and never stopped to think... Well it seems our thinking time has come...
I totally get it and it would only be sensible. I guess unfortunately there will only be one way to find out

Six games later and now in early September, Parker's plans for Bournemouth are a lot more clearer. Here are three things we've learned from his first month in charge...

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/scott-parker-bournemoth-202122-season-5861846
Nice article about the U21s being entered into the Premier League Cup too, which kind of went under the radar a bit. Our academy is starting to gain some deserved recognition !
AFCB U21s and The Premier League Cup

Six games later and now in early September, Parker's plans for Bournemouth are a lot more clearer. Here are three things we've learned from his first month in charge...

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/scott-parker-bournemoth-202122-season-5861846
The We in we've is making a lot of assumption. 3 things somebody writing this thinks he's learned. Seems a mix of things we already knew and others it's not entirely clear on.

I can't agree I have seen a magnificent range of passing from Kelly, and I am not convinced Billing will start more than 10 more league games this season based on the squad that has now been assembled if the argument is that Parker wants a consistent everyone pulling together approach because as much as we love it when he pops up a for few goals there's been plenty of games where he's not been on it.

The We in we've is making a lot of assumption. 3 things somebody writing this thinks he's learned. Seems a mix of things we already knew and others it's not entirely clear on.

I can't agree I have seen a magnificent range of passing from Kelly, and I am not convinced Billing will start more than 10 more league games this season based on the squad that has now been assembled if the argument is that Parker wants a consistent everyone pulling together approach because as much as we love it when he pops up a for few goals there's been plenty of games where he's not been on it.

I suppose like everything else it’s all about opinions, some you may agree with, some not. Sometimes keep an open mind and see what transpires,football is a funny old game and it sometimes surprises you when you are least expecting it.

Asked what his plans were for the captaincy, boss Parker told the Daily Echo:

"There'll be a leadership group, for sure. Captain-wise, we’ll see that when everything settles down.

"I’ll make a clearer decision on where I am with things.

"You come into a football club like me and it’s very new. Everyone is new to me.

"While I respect everyone’s past and while I respect everyone’s stature, whatever they have been here, my eyes are open at this present moment in time.

"I’m looking to see who are the leaders? I want to make a good decision.

Someone:..maybe me . dunno...has to bring this sh*t back inside the sack....
..manager man...whoever...he pick a team to play ...team play....things happen ..goals are scored...goals are conceded.. but..the responsibility on the pitch, in real terms is down to the picked players from kick - off ..with a possibility of a shift in the result if the ' manager' can work out wtf is going wrong if it is going wrong... or leaving it alone if its going right...
Tbh...the whole concept of management needs to be looked at from new perspectives..and in time I think it will.

A club like MC bringing in the best players from around a World : What ?, to be realistic,. does the Manager really need to work at ffs.....he could probably stay in bed till 11am shooting his fat and having a maid from Malmo bringing in the wobbly coffee..with an option for a threesome...

Don't laugh...taint funny...

This weekend .Real Grass Root Football carries on with the non- league sides battling FA Cup preliminaries....a competition that might be the saviour of the game one day...

I mean ..f√ck me.. England. v San Marino....how does that stack up against today's ressies in the FA Cup..

Mulbarton Wanderers 2.Welwyn Garden 1

Poole Town 5 Swindon Supermarine 0

Little Oakley 2. Kirkley and Pakefield 1

Hayes and Yeading 4 Bognor Regis 3

and this stonker...

West Allotment 2 Bamber Bridge 7

How would San Marino fare v West Allotment..eh...eh ?... Holy Corner Flags..I bet they wouldna crack 7...

Last edited:
Someone:..maybe me . dunno...has to bring this sh*t back inside the sack....
..manager man...whoever...he pick a team to play ...team play....things happen ..goals are scored...goals are conceded.. but..the responsibility on the pitch, in real terms is down to the picked players from kick - off ..with a possibility of a shift in the result if the ' manager' can work out wtf is going wrong if it is going wrong... or leaving it alone if its going right...
Tbh...the whole concept of management needs to be looked at from new perspectives..and in time I think it will.

A club like MC bringing in the best players from around a World : What ?, to be realistic,. does the Manager really need to work at ffs.....he could probably stay in bed till 11am shooting his fat and having a maid from Malmo bringing in the wobbly coffee..with an option for a threesome...

Don't laugh...taint funny...

This weekend .Real Grass Root Football carries on with the non- league sides battling FA Cup preliminaries....a competition that might be the saviour of the game one day...

I mean ..f√ck me.. England. v San Marino....how does that stack up against today's ressies in the FA Cup..

Mulbarton Wanderers 2.Welwyn Garden 1

Poole Town 5 Swindon Supermarine 0

Little Oakley 2. Kirkley and Pakefield 1

Hayes and Yeading 4 Bognor Regis 3

and this stonker...

West Allotment 2 Bamber Bridge 7

How would San Marino fare v West Allotment..eh...eh ?... Holy Corner Flags..I bet they wouldna crack 7...
Just in case you missed it......in the Scottish qualifying cup.......Burnt Island shipyard got knocked out on penalties

Jury very much still out for me re Parker. Despite the respectable start (given the squad depth he’s had available) the football has been pretty tedious at times and we have been fortunate to pick up the number of points that we have at this stage. So far I think we have looked at our most threatening when we have played more direct, but there has been too much possession without purpose for my liking. However, having said that, it is only fair to judge him from this point on now that he has an actual squad to pick from. Given the quality of our squad we should be finishing in the top six and even potentially competing with West Brom for that second spot, do that will be the marker.

Jury very much still out for me re Parker. Despite the respectable start (given the squad depth he’s had available) the football has been pretty tedious at times and we have been fortunate to pick up the number of points that we have at this stage. So far I think we have looked at our most threatening when we have played more direct, but there has been too much possession without purpose for my liking. However, having said that, it is only fair to judge him from this point on now that he has an actual squad to pick from. Given the quality of our squad we should be finishing in the top six and even potentially competing with West Brom for that second spot, do that will be the marker.
How have we been fortunate? What games did we pick up undeserved points?

:loser: Sump'n ain't right up over the New Forest along past Totton and into that Passenger Port...No Wins...a few draws and a subtle avalanche of spankings !
Poor Samp'n !
A few ' good fits' will be mentioned if the nice foreign man gets his P45...one might be the fugitive and downtime indulging, E.Howe of Kings Park fame..another could be our incumbent Messiah, the right and honourable S. Parker....approaches to either would stoke up a post or two on this ere Forum methinks ! :eek:

I'd be more p*ssed off if Parker got scouted and went than Eddie... But would Eddie take a job with Soton... Would be a real test of some fans' love for him...

Surely Eddie has to jump back in at some point... Doesn't he...?

;