Scott Parker

Trouble with social media is statements can turn into collective belief regardless of facts. I think a few fans have been influenced too much by the Fulham fans’ obsession on parkerball.

Think there have been 4 distinct phases to the season that SP has tried to manage

1. decimated squad with loads of kids players
2. Return of recognised first teamers
3. Late autumn-winter injury crisis with new January arrivals
4. Core starting xi defined with a more flexible playing approach varying with player strengths

Personally think that was a tough ask for a young manager at a new club. Over 46 games, Scott has delivered and evolved a clearer playing identify as the squad has strengthened that is bolder than the more cautious earlier version

Repeat what I have consistently said - prefer Scott over silva

Obviously with the nature of football things might go south quickly and next season could be dreadful enough for even us evangelicals to be calling for his head... But I quite like that he's a different person to a lot of managers. As someone else has said Sean O'Driscoll was similar in that he was awkward with the media and never seemed like he wanted to be there.

The great thing about the footage they've released is that you can see exactly why the players have bought into his methods. You'd be motivated by the guy and be tearing up at his speech after getting there, as he was.

Shame they didn’t release some footage halfway through the season . Fantastic idea to show it on Tuesday though . It’s left so much of a feel good factor ,to me almost as much as the game itself .
Can’t wait to see what we can manage next season .

Yes but if you look at league one pretty much all of the team's that finished in the top six have been relegated from the Championship in the last two seasons. League two isn't much difference. No parachute payments yet relegated sides still dominate the league's... because they always have due to having better players.

Whether parachute payments are the right answer or not it's not them that's causing relegated teams to do well. Statistically they generally do well after relegation although obviously there are exceptions in all leagues including the PL/Championship.
Stop looking at that L1 table Del.....it isn't even remotely relatable ...the PL is an anomaly...the wages are on a different planet to every other league......clubs who get relegated from the championship down to league 1 can keep the majority of their squad together without the aid of parachute payments........ teams that come down from the PL cannot......we wouldn't have a squad worth over a 100 million without parachute payments.....neither would Fulham. ......all Rotherham had to do was sell Matt Crooks to fund their entire season.

I must have watched this half a dozen times now. Certainly lives up to the billing of “goosebumps” brilliantly edited but also fascinating to be a fly on the wall.

I know I put it on the other thread as well, but it’s that good it should be on the Parker thread.

He’s been unfairly criticised for his communication in interviews, but judging by this, you can’t criticise his communication with the players and that’s what matters.

I must have watched this half a dozen times now. Certainly lives up to the billing of “goosebumps” brilliantly edited but also fascinating to be a fly on the wall.

I know I put it on the other thread as well, but it’s that good it should be on the Parker thread.

He’s been unfairly criticised for his communication in interviews, but judging by this, you can’t criticise his communication with the players and that’s what matters.

Brilliant.

Hope this 'turns the volume down' on some posters.

Parker...now that was Passion !..without ration !....that was Communication !

The use of the screen was excellent...

He was like a louder version of Pep G...who will be in the other dressing room next season....stood in the middle doing the same sort of stuff....its only the quality of players that make the differences !

This guy is still at the beginning of his managerial career...he will get better...and some of the crap written about him will spur him on...

Gotta say that was very rousing and great for getting players fired up and confident. BUT, BUT, BUT do you think Jeff followed along with any of it?!

Pleasantly surprised I have to say

Superb half time speech, now thinking how I can work some of this into my next team meeting :)

I do have an admiration for Sean Dyche and what he's done at Burnley but I'd rather see us relegated playing Parkerball than stay up playing Dycheball.

This bit stands out to me

"Be brave in our moments, manage the game at times as well. Understand at times that we're going to have to go long and that's not a problem at all if their press is right"

After watching the WBA away game, I am guessing that the highlighted part was worked on. Either added to the "system" or coached into the team, or both.

;