Scott Parker

those fulham fans continue to embarrass themselves

parkers basketball-match comments are interesting, he needs to give the sheff utd manager a ring judging by their performance in the first leg

if notts forest do manage to get promoted they'll take some fearful pastings if they don't change their approach, and most of their squad

those fulham fans continue to embarrass themselves

parkers basketball-match comments are interesting, he needs to give the sheff utd manager a ring judging by their performance in the first leg

if notts forest do manage to get promoted they'll take some fearful pastings if they don't change their approach, and most of their squad
I thought exactly the same watching the game, Forest thrive on this frantic end to end type of match. By the time Sheffield United realised this in the second half it was too late. You have to make sure you have controlled spells of possession when playing them, just to calm the pace of the game down. Parker recognised this and we saw that if you don’t allow them to transition at pace they look nowhere near as threatening. Parker deserves huge credit for recognising this.

. You have to make sure you have controlled spells of possession when playing them, just to calm the pace of the game down. Parker recognised this and we saw that if you don’t allow them to transition at pace they look nowhere near as threatening. Parker deserves huge credit for recognising this.

precisely, something the peterbooers failed to recognise when they were demanding total entertainment every game for 90 minutes

precisely, something the peterbooers failed to recognise when they were demanding total entertainment every game for 90 minutes
I think the problem we had at times against these kinds of low block sides last season was the lack of out and out forward options we had available. Solanke would become isolated and Parker didn’t seem to fully trust Lowe to the point he would start him regularly. Had Moore been available in these type of games I feel we would have won comfortably. Against a low block side having that focal point makes all the difference.

Not exactly fair, Peterbooer are not in the same league as Florist (not now anyway.)

you may have misunderstood the term;

Peterbooer (noun); entitled supporter of AFC Bournemouth who thought it appropriate to boo their term coz they didn't thrash the no-hopers of Peterborough United FC during the home match in the 2021/22 season

you may have misunderstood the term;

Peterbooer (noun); entitled supporter of AFC Bournemouth who thought it appropriate to boo their term coz they didn't thrash the no-hopers of Peterborough United FC during the home match in the 2021/22 season
I think people understand it I think they have probably just fallen asleep listening to you drone on about it for months.

Are you really claiming taking money off a bookmaker is the same as booing your own team?

No wonder bookies make millions if some people can't actually bet sensibly!

surely by now you realise it was a pretty dick thing to do, though, right?
No and I never will. In my opinions there are times when a team\management team need to hear dissatisfaction to fire them up to a better performance (the performance improved, maybe nothing to do with the booing you would argue but it certainly didn’t harm the performance)

I respect other people don’t share that opinion, part of being in a large crowd is it’s less likely everyone will behave the way you do. Personally I don’t agree with people singing about people who aren’t sex offenders being sex offenders. I don’t agree with hearing women photographers need to ‘get their t*ts out for the lads’ when I’m stood with a teenage daughter. But I understand I’ve put myself in a crowd situation with people different to myself. Hence I don’t feel the need to self righteously prick on about it on here.

Can't see why folk are offended by a fan betting against his own team...can't the thick f√ckers see that it's an insurance for that person...his team loses but he gets maybe quite a bit of money to lessen the grief.. but if his team wins - he just loses a few quid. .I've done it quite a bit over the years on certain games !

This is the biggest challenge in Scott Parker's career so far ...ok his playing career had big moments and challenges - in Teams, and he did brilliantly ; but a Manager is in a more solitary and scrutinised environment.
He knows he has to do better than when he had Fulham in the PL...so that his career as a Manager can get on an upward curve ; last seasons hard-earned success provided another platform - he must be so excited, but also realises that New Ideas and plan B's MUST figure in the equations ..along with lessons he hopefully learned from his Fulham experience.
I think he will do well.

;