Scott Parker

More interested in the boardroom and what this move would signal from there. Thats more important IMHO.

If the owner and board are going to back Parker and put a strategy in place for the coming years around Parker then I'm all for him. Seeing as they've wanted him for a year, and seeing as he chooses to leave a job and come here then you'd think so.

I'd be for anyone who could prompt that from the club. Mostly irrespective of what their record is, because as said I think getting it right in the boardroom first off is more important.

Add in it being a manager who has actually got promoted from here before (all be it via playoffs) and he's probably up there with one of the better shouts we could hope for.

I haven't seen a huge amount of Parker's teams, as our and Fulham's ships have passed in in night somewhat. At one point his stock seemed very high, less so now perhaps, which is why he might be coming here.

appointment shows max is up for giving it a real good crack to get promoted again

This for me is the biggest positive of the lot. Parker does not leave Fulham for Bournemouth unless we give assurances that there is budget available and a desire to hold onto our existing talent. This also signals to the likes of Brooks, Billing etc (I’d expect Danjuma to leave regardless) that we are serious about another crack at promotion.

I can understand why some may have reservations but Parker for me is a young and developing manager that fits nicely with what we should be trying to achieve. I’d much rather this appointment than a journeyman who would be here 2 years max.

Last edited:
..I will get behind him if he is appointed...but currently it is a bit underwhelming and given the reports from some Fulham fans regarding his style of football etc...I guess I will hoping that his philosophy will be better with what we have in our squad...

Always happy to be proven wrong!

Woodgate doesn't appear to have been mentioned in association with another job. Odd if he is out of contract.

If parker comes here or just leaves Fulham, that paves the way for Eddie to go to Fulham.

In a lot of ways Parker to AFCB and EH to Fulham is a win win.

Eddie can stay local and come back to us in a couple of years. :grinning:

Parker plays proper football doesn't he?
I can't see what's not to like about this.

I've been a huge advocate of Parker over the months, however, reports of the finances behind brining him here and the odd negative review of his style (which is contrary to what Ive seen on TV, however I accept I don't see FFC each week) has made me think twice about him...

If the board go for Parker then obviously I'll back the decision and for the most, will be excited by it... But if we buy into Parker, then I hope parker buys into us... and by that I mean he doesn't just use us to increase his stock once more and f*cks off at the first whiff of PL money again... I hope he pushes the board for a vision that doesn't just involve player funds, but wants to see the club progress, and I hope he doesn't feel DC with XI overseas players that have no affiliation with anything other than their bank accounts...

I like the idea of parker but the points I raise here are my worry... Parker is 'on the verge' of being a big name manager and I know there are no guarantees in football but I worry mostly about our ability to keep hold of him if do well next season... and we have to go through all this again...

As a side note, I am growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of 'anything' in the way of a acknowledgement to Woodgate for his services last season... I hope it's because his name is still in the hat and the club make a relatively big thing out of what he did for us last season, if he's not given the job...

He tries takes some of our players.
We don't have many of Eddie's faithful trusty players left, sadly. There's Steve Cook who has 1 year left, then Adam Smith and Junior Stanislas who are out of contract anyway.

Can't see Eddie rushing back here (from whichever club he picks) to buy any of the newer generation who let him down so badly, and caused him such stress that he looked physically ill by the end.

SP appears to be a decent bloke and if he does have the desire to take the helm at AFCB then that would be a massive achievement by the board to sell the club too him. Every time i read a headline of a big name being linked with us i just question what manager with an ego to succeed would come to a club that doesnt own its own stadium, doesn't have a training complex anywhere near what they are used too and probably not a budget to bring big name signing's in.
Last season Fulham struggled to score enough goals and certainly couldn't keep them out and as we witnessed last season the Championship is as cruel if you are not set up right.
We love watching attractive football at DC but sometimes you have to roll your sleeves up and have a plan B and i am not sure this is SP's style.

The only reason Parker would come here, to what is presently a shambolically run club, is money and job security with a longer contract. If Fulham don't get off to a decent start, he'll be gone. Wouldn't be my first or second choice, would be so glad to be proved wrong though.

I think a manager is far more likely to move to a club that has shown it will prioritise spending on the team rather than 'infrastructure'. At the end of the day what's more important to Scott Parker how much transfer budget he has to work with or how many seats in the stadium? Same probably goes for a training ground.

;