Scott Parker

..as they have 'invested' the likes of Joe Jordan I would think that JW may be here next season at least whatever league we are in?

I'd be amazed if woodgate isn't leading the charge next season.

I've got no idea what kind of team is going to turn up for the playoffs tbh. Wouldn;t surprise me if we turned brentford over, looking unstoppable. On the other hand woukdn;t be shocked to see us take our recent performances into them either.

If we play like recent games and he's given the job, pressure will be on right away to perform next season, as he'll be well down in fans estimations.

Next 2/3 games are going to be an incredible test, to prove his worth.

Last edited:
I'd be amazed if woodgate isn't leading the charge next season.

I've got no idea what kind of team is going to turn up for the playoffs tbh. Wouldn;t surprise me if we turned Brentford over, looking unstoppable. On the other hand woukdn;t be shocked to see us take our recent performances into them either.

If we play like recent games and he's given the job, pressure will be on right away to perform next season, as he'll be well down in fans estimations.

Next 2/3 games are going to be an incredible test, to prove his worth.

If we lose both our next games, which is possible, that will be 5 straight defeats... I know Woodgate has some credits in the bank from the 7 straight wins and play offs reached etc. but IMO he would have been the root cause for the next 5 defeats (if they happen) by messing with something that wasn't broken...

JT got sacked for the similar inconsistencies ... A very big 2 weeks for JW and his crew...

Last edited:
Look at Bristol City’s form since Nigel Pearson took over after the early ‘hype’ re results.

Same at Cardiff City with Mick McCarthy after six straight wins, their form dipped.

Both appointed full time.

Who would have thought we would ever be on this board questioning whether a manager who got promoted out of the championship would be suitable for us!

Like him as a bloke, seems to have plenty of integrity but as a manager I’m not convinced. Fulham had a strong squad the year they went up and my recollection of seeing a couple of their games and reading match reports etc was dour football and a heavy reliance on Mitrovic just to get them in the playoffs. Although they finished 4th I seem to recall WBA and Brentford doing their utmost to choke at the death which made things seem closer than they probably were.

To his credit in the premier league, like Eddie did in his first season he seemed to realise where they were falling short and what was needed to change things but ultimately has not done enough.

Having said all that, I’m struggling to think of many realistic candidates that I’d prefer, Jokanovic or Bilic would be top of my list assuming they are obtainable otherwise Parker might not be so bad.
Let’s hope Woody gets us promoted and doesn’t require any more decisions to be made!

Who would have thought we would ever be on this board questioning whether a manager who got promoted out of the championship would be suitable for us!

Like him as a bloke, seems to have plenty of integrity but as a manager I’m not convinced. Fulham had a strong squad the year they went up and my recollection of seeing a couple of their games and reading match reports etc was dour football and a heavy reliance on Mitrovic just to get them in the playoffs. Although they finished 4th I seem to recall WBA and Brentford doing their utmost to choke at the death which made things seem closer than they probably were.

To his credit in the premier league, like Eddie did in his first season he seemed to realise where they were falling short and what was needed to change things but ultimately has not done enough.

Having said all that, I’m struggling to think of many realistic candidates that I’d prefer, Jokanovic or Bilic would be top of my list assuming they are obtainable otherwise Parker might not be so bad.
Let’s hope Woody gets us promoted and doesn’t require any more decisions to be made!

yes and that was the concern with howe leaving. end up on this modern manager merrygoround, chopping and changing all the time. feels like we've lost a big part of our identity and we just become another club potentially rolling the dice on seemingly random names (some proven, some not) hoping we get lucky as the right fit, achieve success etc.

As you’ve said it, does that make it fact?
No,not unless I break a trust.so like everything on here unless it's in the public domain as a fact it can't be proven just by been posted on here.for me I don't post fairy stories
As you’ve said it, does that make it fact?
No it doesn't, but journo coming out with a story weeks after I.postef it up at least backs it up.I don't post fairy stories.

If we lose both our next games, which is possible, that will be 5 straight defeats... I know Woodgate has some credits in the bank from the 7 straight wins and play offs reached etc. but IMO he would have been the root cause for the next 5 defeats (if they happen) by messing with something that wasn't broken...

JT got sacked for the similar inconsistencies ... A very big 2 weeks for JW and his crew...

JWs aim was to get us in the play offs . Considering under him we were 5 behind Reading , none of us would have predicted us to get their with 3 games to spare.

it is a tough one, keep playing your strongest team and risk injury or rest players.
I think if we had done a vote on here after millwall we would have had close to a 50/50 split .

for us to progress , comes down to the right hand side of the pitch .

we know how dangerous Kelly and Danjuma are, but we need the same threat the other side

No,not unless I break a trust.so like everything on here unless it's in the public domain as a fact it can't be proven just by been posted on here.for me I don't post fairy stories
No it doesn't, but journo coming out with a story weeks after I.postef it up at least backs it up.I don't post fairy stories.
Ok. I’ll say I’ve heard the opposite.
So who knows.
Have you paid your bet dept yet?

I agree with those that think JW will be here next season whatever happens in the play offs. How long will depend on results. I don't get love for Parker, with loans he had a vg squad to work with but never really got them playing to their potential. Average player, average manager at best.

Alan Nixon from the Sun (yes I know) just posted an article claiming that we are going to try and entice Scott Parker from Fulham. Doesn’t really make sense on any level (why would he leave Fulham for us, and it would require us to pay compensation) but there you go.

Alan Nixon often right about us isn’t he?

I think Scott Parker would be a decent choice for us and would offer a more attractive playing style than JW and potential signings would see him as a decent option. Of course Fulham didn’t do that well last season!

Cue lots of frustrated posts re board having no strategy (long term view as Eddie’s replacement); no ambition; go for cheap option; board clueless etc

Or it’s still and always was to be JW!

Alan Nixon often right about us isn’t he?

I think Scott Parker would be a decent choice for us and would offer a more attractive playing style than JW and potential signings would see him as a decent option. Of course Fulham didn’t do that well last season!

Cue lots of frustrated posts re board having no strategy (long term view as Eddie’s replacement); no ambition; go for cheap option; board clueless etc

Or it’s still and always was to be JW!
I’m not sure you can argue that this would be the cheap and easy option. He is a manager currently in work for a club in the same division, if anything this is as an expensive and complicated appointment as we could hope to make. I don’t actually know anything about how his teams play, but surely we’d be better off begging Eddie to return?

;