Scott Parker

I don't believe it was ALL down to Eddies skills...obviously some of it...but it was a good mix of players..with several 'leaders' and 'characters' among them.. Elphick...Arter...Kermorgant...Francis...Pugh..Pitman, Daniels and Francis for examples...all gelling together in a potent and very positive force.
Parker doesnt give me the impression from the way of his talking, that this bunch of players will rally around him..he seems a bit sort of shy....but I could be reading him wrong! He looks away from the interviewer most of the time. at the floor - not a good sign. We probably need an arrogant b@stard like Clough to get this club /team moving.

There needs to be a massive cull of players for a start...and reliable types to replace them....this will take a couple of seasons for Parker to get above mid table as I see it.

lol, Howe came across pretty shy/quiet at first.

also, he captained Newcastle, Spurs and Fulham - so clearly has leadership, influential qualities in there...

Isn't that how we've always worked?....with Eddie and Hughes identifying players.

maybe, but no idea around the intricacies. I doubt we follow exactly the same structure as fulham right the way through the way the mgmt are structured and the exact duties involved.

Now that the dust is beginning to settle over the inevitable appointment, we will all have our own views on Scott Parker and his ability to get AFCB promoted back into the Premier League.

It’s good that the board have eventually tied things up on this even though I personally feel it’s taken too long, but I do understand that there were situations that were beyond their reach. However it’s now done and dusted.

I feel sorry for Woody who started to win me over with his personality and style of handling himself in interviews. It was a total difference to the way Eddie conducted his business, but personality doesn’t make for a promotion winning side and the end results last season showed that.

The board are to be applauded in getting their man now and we as supporters must all get behind the team, the club and the new Head Coach, and let’s see where this all takes us.

Will it be as enjoyable as the ride we went on with Eddie, I don’t think so, but then I can only thank the Lord that I was there to witness virtually every game home and away on our rise up to the Premier League the first time round.

Good luck Scottie.

maybe, but no idea around the intricacies. I doubt we follow exactly the same structure as fulham right the way through the way the mgmt are structured and the exact duties involved.

By the sounds of things there is some interference from the owners which isn’t useful at Fulham. He won’t get that here and he’s already nodded in the direction of being more comfortable with Hughes and Blake.

He'll probably prefer to have Richard Hughes (a personal friend according to reports) as technical director here, rather than the owner's son as technical director at Fulham.

Though it seems Fulham are going to change that structure now, perhaps no prospective new manager wants to work in that structure either.

I don't think Parker would have gone anywhere near this job unless he'd been assured he'd be handed the keys to Dean Court, so I'm excited to see what he could do with a bit of backing because it seems he had very little of that at Fulham.

Agreed... I don't think Parker would jump form the frying pan to the fire... Hughes and Blake must have laid out the ambitions and ground rules and one would assume those were different to what we've publicly heard were the case at FFC...

I hope we, as a club, give Parker support, time, and allow him to bed in... We need to remember this is not his squad... If this really is to be a new Scott Parker era, then he needs time to be able to build his own squad and develop the club in his mould...

Agreed... I don't think Parker would jump form the frying pan to the fire... Hughes and Blake must have laid out the ambitions and ground rules and one would assume those were different to what we've publicly heard were the case at FFC...

I hope we, as a club, give Parker support, time, and allow him to bed in... We need to remember this is not his squad... If this really is to be a new Scott Parker era, then he needs time to be able to build his own squad and develop the club in his mould...
Agree. We've spent a year trying to get him, we've just landed him and 5 of his men on a 3 year contract, and lost countless years of AFCB service in those who've left.

Under JT and later JW, it felt like we were half hearted, keeping our options open. Now, whatever happens, for better or worse, we're tied to Scott Parker. All the eggs are in his basket.

Interesting to watch Where Eagles Dare and hearing that Eddie was there and going to sign, was told process would take a couple of weeks and then they heard he’d signed for Burnley.

Interesting to watch Where Eagles Dare and hearing that Eddie was there and going to sign, was told process would take a couple of weeks and then they heard he’d signed for Burnley.

I enjoyed that series, you end up seeing a club in a whole new light - they should do one for every club!

It was a total difference to the way Eddie conducted his business, but personality doesn’t make for a promotion winning side and the end results last season showed that.

Let's be clear, we didn't learn a huge amount about Woodgate's ability to manage in the few months he was here other than we know he wasn't hopeless- he was capable of stringing together wins with a squad that some people kept saying was the best in the division while others were saying had been decimated by those we lost following relegation. He wasn't even given the luxury of a single transfer window.

The results at the end of the season will have been from a number of factors so it's impossible to assess his ability to put together a promotion winning side or to compare him with someone like Eddie. I still feel the same way about JT as well.

But that's the nature of this crazy game. We've got no choice other than to move on, and hope the next guy is given a fair crack at the whip. Are the board patient enough to understand that he will need time to implement his ideas though? Or will this become another "must get promoted" season where we see a knee jerk reaction come January if we're not in a promotion spot?

Anyway welcome to the madhouse Scott.

Let's be clear, we didn't learn a huge amount about Woodgate's ability to manage in the few months he was here other than we know he wasn't hopeless- he was capable of stringing together wins with a squad that some people kept saying was the best in the division while others were saying had been decimated by those we lost following relegation. He wasn't even given the luxury of a single transfer window.

The results at the end of the season will have been from a number of factors so it's impossible to assess his ability to put together a promotion winning side or to compare him with someone like Eddie. I still feel the same way about JT as well.

But that's the nature of this crazy game. We've got no choice other than to move on, and hope the next guy is given a fair crack at the whip. Are the board patient enough to understand that he will need time to implement his ideas though? Or will this become another "must get promoted" season where we see a knee jerk reaction come January if we're not in a promotion spot?

Anyway welcome to the madhouse Scott.

It seems he has been the one they wanted when Eddie went, but wasn’t available at the time.

Hence ‘filling in’ managers until they got the one they wanted.

It seems he has been the one they wanted when Eddie went, but wasn’t available at the time.

Hence ‘filling in’ managers until they got the one they wanted.
NB must have known SP wanted to come here, otherwise we would still be looking now for another temp manager!

;