Scott Parker

If accurate it makes it perfectly clear that Woodgate is not the preferred choice (again) and weakens his position even further.

We need a plan and a direction going forward. If we want any kind of success or to build anything then it CANT be Woodgate. He was an adequate stop gap, no more.

Surely a plan and direction should be coming from the club hierarchy,those at the top, proposing to any candidate that they will have to buy into the club's plans of forward progress.
Unless the club does'nt really have a clue of where their plans should be..

Surely a plan and direction should be coming from the club hierarchy,those at the top, proposing to any candidate that they will have to buy into the club's plans of forward progress.
Unless the club does'nt really have a clue of where their plans should be..
On the pitch plan and direction will come from the manager/head coach. We need a manager who will implement his own style and philosophy, we also need a reason to get optimistic. Appointing Woodgate again would seal our demise imo. I’d bet my house on him not lasting the season if we did. (Unless for some strange reason Danjuma was still at the club next year.)

Yeah I'm sure people learn from their mistakes......it can go the other way too I suppose Keane didn't repeat that early promise at Ipswich and technically Burnley was Eddie's second job.
Incidentally Sol Campbell was on talkshite a few days ago saying he would love the chance to manage us!....:throw::grinning:......he has a better CV than Woodgate tbf.
I'd be OK with Sol Campbell managing us, surely his defensive set up would be good.

;