Scott Parker

On the pitch plan and direction will come from the manager/head coach. We need a manager who will implement his own style and philosophy, we also need a reason to get optimistic. Appointing Woodgate again would seal our demise imo. I’d bet my house on him not lasting the season if we did. (Unless for some strange reason Danjuma was still at the club next year.)
I'm agreeing with you.
The strategy of forward plans should come from those high up.
It's up to the manager to implement this strategy into the tactics needed to carry out the short/longer term that's aspired to.

ncidentally Sol Campbell was on talkshite a few days ago saying he would love the chance to manage us!....:throw::grinning:......he has a better CV than Woodgate tbf.
didn't he also say he wanted a decent budget as well? sounds like he wanted to buy success to get bigger jobs rather then build it, even though in his eyes he is a top coach anyway

On the pitch plan and direction will come from the manager/head coach. We need a manager who will implement his own style and philosophy, we also need a reason to get optimistic. Appointing Woodgate again would seal our demise imo. I’d bet my house on him not lasting the season if we did. (Unless for some strange reason Danjuma was still at the club next year.)

If we finally land Parker at the 3rd attempt then it says to me that the Board has a very clear view on playing style and philosophy as they want to play the Eddie way. Thus the manager will implement their vision.

In contrast, palace choosing between dyche and say Eddie howe suggests a more pragmatic approach on playing philosophy.

Of course, afcb may fall into that camp if we do choose woodgate. However, it depends whether the club tried to get other managers but failed. You have to appoint someone eventually!

If we are not ready to announce the new boss until end of week suggests JW isn’t first choice as surely would be appointed already.

Per wiki “Fulham ultimately finished the season in fourth place, missing out on automatic promotion by two points, thus qualifying to the promotion play-offs. After defeating Cardiff City over two legs in the semi-finals, they beat Brentford in the play-off final to achieve promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.”

Good enough for me..could care less if he drinks a pint or drinks a mineral water.

What is it about Parker that would excite you?..........i just can't see the attraction.

Proven record at this level, plays decent football. Character seems well aligned for us.

Plus signals jntent that max is genuinely interested in getting back into the top flight and not looking to sell everyone, potentially start demise.

You'd imagine Parker is interested in us too, as this has been an ongoing rumour. Let's hope it happens!

Last edited:
If Scott Parker is genuinely available and again, genuinely interested, then if the club finally manage to scope his signature... hats off to them and I will gladly offer much praise where it's due...

As has been said, Parker likes to play football in an attractive way, which naturally suits the footballing ethos Eddie, and many before him, instilled at our club... He's 2 yrs experience in the hot seat with a promotion and a relegation on his CV... Eddie has a relegation on his CV so we can't hold that against him.

For those also stating that Parker spent a fortune at Fulham to get them up, well I don't recall Eddie really scrimping on player purchases in the last 5 years and yet we still got relegated...

Parker would would show a serious sign of ambition from the club, something we've been wanting to see for a while now, to understand where Max really is at...

I still think this is just paper talk but it's talk at least... and we know for a fact that Parker has been the No.1 on our list for over 12 months now...

For those also stating that Parker spent a fortune at Fulham to get them up, well I don't recall Eddie really scrimping on player purchases in the last 5 years and yet we still got relegated......

Parker spent money getting a year one parachute team up through the play offs before stinking the PL out finishing 11 points from safety.......Eddie WON the Championship with a first eleven that cost about 6m to put together before spending money to keep us in the PL for FIVE seasons before going down by a single point......how is that in anyway comparable?.......it's about as comparable as their brand of football tbh.

;