Scott Parker

his playing style sounds very familiar... that is concerning.

many sides sat deep against us this season and we frequently seemed to have no answer, hoping for moments of individual brilliance to get the points. particularly under tindall with his bizarre persistence of 5 at the back despite the quality we had throughout the side for this level.

yeah, it was similar to us last year. We couldn’t break teams down, and had to rely on brilliance from Mitrovic. We also got picked off on the counter attack quite a lot, there 4 games at home against relegation threatened teams where we lost 2-0/3-0 due to them hitting us on the counter attack. There is no plan B

The names most fans want is either Howe, Marco Silva or Montella (mainly due to a previous loan spell at the club in the mid 2000’s). Parker’s strong points seem to be his man management of players, he has a good rapport with the players and a good team spirit. So we were obviously happy after got promoted but there was a large contingent who still found the football boring and one dimensional. If teams sit deep we did not have a way of breaking them down. As for Spur’s interest, it was stronger before we capitulated at the end of the season

Interesting views. Why Marco silva out of interest….enough dips to question his ability beyond the immediate new manager bounce that he clearly brings .

As for Scott Parker, clearly the start of the season was tough with Fulham and it sounds like Scott was frustrated with lack of funds. Then a decent run so safety looked on only for the season to unravel and Fulham never looked like staying up over the last ten games. Seemed to create chances but not finish?

Always look forward to away game at Fulham!

Why does Parker have a reputation for good football do you think?

Why would you think AFCB, a club who want to be progressive and attacking be interested in him?
Two questions that i haven't been able to answer myself..........absolutely baffling.

It's funny. While I appreciate a Fulham fan giving their opinion, it doesn't sway me, and nor should it anyone else....Just saying, who would we trust on this board to give an appraisal on any of our managers to a rival board? We can't agree on anything.

Howe had a good/terrible transfer record
Howe had no plan b/plan b was to revert to the old guard
Howe couldn't motivate the best squad in years/it was the players fault
Rantie was the next MacDougall/Chukkie

etc etc - hopefully you get my point. (No offence to Fulham Fan)
Fulham scored 27 goals last season.........27!!!!!!!

A reply from a friend who has worked for Fulham.

He's a weird one Parker. Hero worshipped by some of our fans. I disliked him as a player (past it and on a final pay day from schmucks) and as a coach is far too negative. Well liked by the media as English and young. Apparently had the dressing room in cliques as a player. Now has done similar as a coach. Alleged Fulham want rid but don't want to pay off his ridiculous contract that they gave less than a year ago. I am in no hurry to give Fulham my cash at present. Football wise, we are a laughing stock.

Parker is not the answer..he seems half asleep during the day...what the Ferk that would be like if'n he rock up down around the balmy Chines...
What I wouldn't give to get Dycher down 'ere ta inject some fookin reality and get stoof cookin' on genuine gas ! Away and fook from this Pussy Aunty Agnes from Southbourne mentality !
We need a Hard Image like never before! ..I know it..You Know.. It... otherwise we are Doomed.....even people observing events Solent- side in Chile have probably seen Trees!
Laugh and take the p*ss.all you like...but if You want a Football Club to be taken seriously...and hit the heights...then we have to Get Real...not sat picking wild garlic and primroses in Alum Chine...for Christ Sake !

Football Town !!!! Beg it Big !

You'd like to think that in the process of recruitment of our new manager, the board will be asking the applicant(s) what style of the football they expect to bring to the club...? Any answer other than ...

"Expansive, possession-based, free-flowing, creative football, that is in keeping with what I consider 'the Bournemouth way'... Which I believe the club has strayed from these last 6 months... I'd love to get the club's identity back..."

... said applicant should be out the door...

Obviously I've not seen every minute of Fulham's PL (or champ) games, but what I did see I quite liked... I fully take on board that what I saw may not be reflective of his time at Fulham so I'd have to bow to 'Fulhamfaninpeace' for that, however, surely... surely, our board, who have been chasing Scott Parker for over 12 months now, will know if his football brand is what we require here... Surely they know this... and will have seen what he's been up to... Surely...?!?!?

You'd like to think that in the process of recruitment of our new manager, the board will be asking the applicant(s) what style of the football they expect to bring to the club...? Any answer other than ...

"Expansive, possession-based, free-flowing, creative football, that is in keeping with what I consider 'the Bournemouth way'... Which I believe the club has strayed from these last 6 months... I'd love to get the club's identity back..."

Obviously I've not seen every minute of Fulham's PL (or champ) games, but what I did see I quite liked... I fully take on board that what I saw may not be reflective of his time at Fulham so I'd have to bow to 'Fulhamfaninpeace' for that, however, surely... surely, our board, who have been chasing Scott Parker for over 12 months now, will know if his football brand is what we require here... Surely they know this... and will have seen what he's been up to... Surely...?!?!?

If reports were accurate, when Parker was out of the equation later in the year the final two were Thierry Henry and David Wagner.

Henry is now not attached to a club and I believe is available following Belgium’s campaign in the Euro’s.

Wagner remains out of work.

Considering it was a lengthy and apparent extensive search and process, are they in the running now?

I preferred Wagner out of those two, but now, I'd very disappointed if either of those two were considered again... Feels like we went there and they weren't good enough first time round so why are they good enough now...

IIn

I enjoyed watching Fulham, avoided many of the uniteresting mid-top table clashes but watched lots of Fulhams games. They didnt score a lot but made loads of chances and played exciting football such that I really wanted them to stay up.

There is another school of thought in and around Parker's close friends that says he drew up a short list of players on securing promotion to the Premier League. He presented his list to the board and was promised 4 new signings, 3 of which were attacking players. The Fulham board did not follow up these permanent signings leaving Parker to play a completely different style of football to the type he wanted to play with the players available to him.
Maybe the Fulham supporters know if there is any truth in this or not.

There is another school of thought in and around Parker's close friends that says he drew up a short list of players on securing promotion to the Premier League. He presented his list to the board and was promised 4 new signings, 3 of which were attacking players. The Fulham board did not follow up these permanent signings leaving Parker to play a completely different style of football to the type he wanted to play with the players available to him.
Maybe the Fulham supporters know if there is any truth in this or not.

We’ve heard another side to that, we’ve heard that Parker was happy to rely on Mitro, however, there is every possibility that he didn’t get everyone he wanted in January. However, the football we played in the premier league was very similar to the football we played in the promotion season. Dull and uninspiring, and in our premier league season just gone, he regularly selected Cavaleiro, who is a winger, over Mitrovic and Maja which to us Fulham fans was baffling as Cavaleiro couldn’t finish his dinner

yeah, it was similar to us last year. We couldn’t break teams down, and had to rely on brilliance from Mitrovic. We also got picked off on the counter attack quite a lot, there 4 games at home against relegation threatened teams where we lost 2-0/3-0 due to them hitting us on the counter attack. There is no plan B

Do you think there was an element of your club being a scalp of the division these last few years; being a primarily PL level squad, with teams upping their game and packing the defence against you specifically? Not to say a talented manager can’t unpick these defences but when I compare EH’s season to last season, teams gave us no respect even when we were top of the Championship, compared to this season where 3/4s of the games were slogs.

...interesting to hear from a Fulham fan regarding Scott Parker and I am not convinced that he would be a particular upgrade on Jonathan Woodgate.

We are wasting time and money chasing a manager who is already employed at his club...the logic of this just doesn't make much sense to me when we nned someone NOW in charge to sort out which players are staying or we want to attract in good time to prepare for a new season...

Unless we can get in a proven manager who offers more experience than Parker...why are we bothering to change from Woodgate who knows the current lot and will have benefitted from his stint in control?

;