Scott Parker

As this goes on I'm getting more into the bring JW back mindset. We need to get ready for next season, not pissing around waiting for Parker Scott or Scott Parker or Harry's brother in law to take the job. Just get something done without paying money on a manager we could use to get a player, a training ground or new urinals in the North Stand.

Are you sure about that ? His online banking might have a 1000 quid a day transfer limit like mine. If the compensation to be paid is 1.5m then by my calculations the last thousand pounds will land in Fulham's bank account in about 4.11 years.
So we'll definitely need a "temporary" manager in place until the last bank transfer goes through.
Bummer !
:(
Mine is 20 or 25K per day. Not offering to pay mind..

I actually think Woodgate has been treated quite poorly in all of this... The club clearly are not going to employ him for next season, even if we don't get Parker, there is surely no way back for Woodgate now...

At the very least I would have expected a communication to say thank you for his services and we wish him all the best etc. etc.

I know there are ifs and buts still at play, but I just don't see how Woodgate can still be with us after July 1st, in which case, decide on his future and say thank you FFS...
...but that would require the Board to behave like a proper Board, which hasn't happened for a long time.

I actually think Woodgate has been treated quite poorly in all of this... The club clearly are not going to employ him for next season, even if we don't get Parker, there is surely no way back for Woodgate now...

At the very least I would have expected a communication to say thank you for his services and we wish him all the best etc. etc.

I know there are ifs and buts still at play, but I just don't see how Woodgate can still be with us after July 1st, in which case, decide on his future and say thank you FFS...

He's still in contract so there's almost a week to extend his contract as manager if needed.

From his perspective assuming he knows as much as us it would seem a really weird year for him.

Brought in to a coaching setup by someone who was sacked days later, temporarily take that guys job while the board publicly declares an extensive search for an external appointment, a month later you get the contract until the end of the season but let's you bring in your own staff. Finally, a few weeks before your contract expires the board publicly courts someone else.

I think it would take a real stoic not come away from that without some confusion or resentment.

agreed, you would hope the club have offered JW some honest feedback about the whole situation. still not impossible he could be here in some capacity next season, but would seem unlikely.

The fookin Hype is at Crescendo level..
...My Christ I'm praying it falls through...and JW gets the nod to carry on.
.Shove it up the Elite !

SSN

WHAT'S HAPPENING AT PALACE?

Talks underway to draw up a new shortlist to be the next Crystal Palace manager.

It is currently unclear if Frank Lampard or Eddie Howe remain on this list, with the managers being out of work meant they weren’t top priority - Sean Dyche is admired by many at the club but there’s a belief that it could be too late to approach him.

The ideal candidate no longer requires Premier League experience, but must work with Palace's academy, which has brought through the likes of Tyrick Mitchell in recent years.

Nuno Espirito Santo will not be considered, as talks did not end well and he is already in conversation with Tottenham.

Favre has admirers around Europe - but told Palace he hasn’t rejected them for another club, despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Palace's players return to training on July 5th, and the club's board want a new manager in place by then.

The club have a number of players out of contract, while Wilfried Zaha wants the club to listen to any offers for him.

Come on, let's be sensible and reasonable about the JW situation. JW must be aware he will not be manager next season, if for no other reason than the board have not discussed A. A new contract and B. Plans for next season. He would have wanted answers if is he wanted or not.
Therefore with my simplistic logic, he would have banged on NB's door wanting a chat. One of two things would have happened, NB would have asked him for a chat and a McVities Ginger Nut or NB would have ducked and dived to avoid talking to him, that scenario could not last a month.
JW by my logic must know, regardless of what he may, may not have read in the press.
The board, will wait until SP has been signed, assuming this is the case. They will then release a statement, saying welcome Scotty to the bridge of the SS Enterprise and give it the old "Thank you Woody for what you have done, difficult times etc. etc. and good luck in your next episode of Toy Story.

Last edited:

;