Scott Parker

If and when he comes here......He will have the most pressure on him and expectation that I can remember any Boscombe manager having. Nothing less than promotion it is then.
Wasn't that the same weight of expectation JT had to work under?.....seems fair imo.

SSN

DUO ADDED TO FULHAM MANAGEMENT TEAM

Mark Pembridge and Colin Omogbehin have been asked to step up to assist Stuart Gray with first team duties at Fulham, until a new manager is appointed.

Of course he did.....we're not talking about what we expected in regards to his ability as a manager but the fact that we expected the team to challenge for the auto's....the board certainly held JT to that standard......do we have the same expectation for next season? .....I don't think so tbh....I think we'd happily take being in around the play off places.......so if anything there's less pressure on Parker imo.

If Parker is our new manager, after all this faffing around (and if he's getting lot's of money for pay offs and signing on fees) he'd better be good..

I wish..

He got sacked despite never having us outside the top 6......I'd say that sets the expectation bar fairly high .
Not quite that black and white though. The style of play was poor and getting progressively worse, it scraped results to begin with but the results started to drop to match the performance levels. It was pretty dire stuff to watch under JT, our board were never quick to pull the trigger on Eddie during one of his losing runs because there were at least promising signs in the play that gave hope that he would turn it around. The fact that even Woodgate managed to secure a play off spot says it all really. The expectation this season will depend on the state of the playing squad, if Danjuma and Stanislas depart and aren’t replaced for example of course the expectation levels will be lower.

If Parker is our new manager, after all this faffing around (and if he's getting lot's of money for pay offs and signing on fees) he'd better be good..

I wish..

He's amazing, TCherry. *You'll love him. Really...

No, I'm sorry. I'm an honest man, and I can't lie to you. He's a bit crap.

To be honest, I've never understood this interest from Bournemouth. I can only conclude that you're also a club with idiots in high places. I daresay we have you beat, though. We've got an especially high-calibre idiot.

*To be fair, you might actually love Parker. In a sort of footballing Stockholm Syndrome kind of way. I couldn't stand him for a long time at Fulham. But then something changed during lockdown. I witnessed another tedious performance on Sky, but instead of dismay, I felt the beginnings of something else. Almost an appreciation for the brutal boredom of it, and how it can actually work. Like Winston Smith in Nineteen-Eighty-Four, I was on the verge of being broken down and made into something else entirely. But, thank God, I held onto reality and never quite lost sight of the fact that Scott Parker is actually shite, even if it looks for a while that he isn't.

Delighted he's going. Over the moon. Forget a nap, he could put an insomniac into hibernation. I have no doubt we'll mess up any subsequent appointment, but no football fan who wants/expects to enjoy watching their team deserves Scott Parker.

;