Scummer manager

AlGard

UTC Legend
His quote today....

Southampton have been drawn against rivals Portsmouth in the third round of the Carabao Cup.
And it seems that Ralph Hasenhuttl's team have been filling him in on the local rivalry:

"I know the history, I have been told and I know it is the only real south coast derby.
"I know that this game has not happened for a long time, I think it is a good game to celebrate football in a special way. It’s going to be a good challenge."

His quote today....

Southampton have been drawn against rivals Portsmouth in the third round of the Carabao Cup.
And it seems that Ralph Hasenhuttl's team have been filling him in on the local rivalry:

"I know the history, I have been told and I know it is the only real south coast derby.
"I know that this game has not happened for a long time, I think it is a good game to celebrate football in a special way. It’s going to be a good challenge."

Oh Yessy Ralphypops !

Over to Brett....five minute Cameo - 92nd minute winner....send us into Paradise!

...to be fair Portsmouth v Southampton has real needle and history for things on and off the field....it will have Solent wetting themselves of course. We should accept that we are the noisy neighbours who won't ever be seen as in the South Coast gang of Scummers,Skates and Seaweeds...

Doesn't bother me as long as we continue to evolve and grow?

I don't know why people care about how we are seen by them or others. I guess it depends what type of person you are but personally I don't require other people's recognition for my own validation, especially not supporters of some bang average football teams. F*ck em.

I remember from school, boys would go out of their way to say they didn’t fancy that girl because...well of course they fancied that girl!

This whole not a derby debate is ridiculous. Every year, Saints fans compete with each other to prove who cares about us the least. Obviously they care more about the Pompey rivalry but they are petrified of losing to us...which surely will happen soon!

I remember from school, boys would go out of their way to say they didn’t fancy that girl because...well of course they fancied that girl!

This whole not a derby debate is ridiculous. Every year, Saints fans compete with each other to prove who cares about us the least. Obviously they care more about the Pompey rivalry but they are petrified of losing to us...which surely will happen soon!
I guess until we tan their backsides a few more times they will always see us as not at their level...despite league positions...

I don't see the problem in having a good local derby game with Stains. They won't be having one with Pompey until they are in the same division. Ok...that could be next season I guess!!....but....everybody knows that Stains v Pompey is the big heated rivalry....having heard about some of the trouble that's happened at these fixtures, I really don't want that for us thanks! But Twitter has now seen countless posts from Stains fans remarking on the game and telling us how they don't care.....but we all know they actually do....

I don't see the problem in having a good local derby game with Stains. They won't be having one with Pompey until they are in the same division. Ok...that could be next season I guess!!....but....everybody knows that Stains v Pompey is the big heated rivalry....having heard about some of the trouble that's happened at these fixtures, I really don't want that for us thanks! But Twitter has now seen countless posts from Stains fans remarking on the game and telling us how they don't care.....but we all know they actually do....

They've got one in a few weeks in the league cup in case you missed it.

;