Season passes with a whimper?

2018-19 was defined by highs, lows and missed opportunities. I'm sure there will be a thread that revisits the season overall, and we can expound there.

Some people need to really calm down.OK not the result we wanted for the last game of the season but we have another season in the premier league - a squad so depleted with injuries I though JT was going to come on at some point. Just enjoy where we are - Eddie will sort things out during the summer and we will start again next season. utciad :utc:

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread - sorry was meant for the meltdown on the other thread :surrender: Wasnt moaning at you lot, honest.

That’s what I meant, not the finish we wanted.

Before the game the talk was about breaking records today as DJ mentioned at top of this thread, unfortunately none of it happened.
Unfortunately we did break a record. Our worst ever goals against record in the PL

Unfortunately we did break a record. Our worst ever goals against record in the PL

Are we really making a point about records after just 4 years?

This is our longest EVER stretch in the Premier League.

That was our most successful EVER 4th season in the Premier League

Or to be serious..

This season was the most goals we have EVER scored in the Premier League.

This season was the best EVER wins in the Premier League.

Our best EVER shots on target in the Premier League

Joint top best EVER number of clean sheets in the Premier League

Those seem pretty good....if only after 4 years...

Are we really making a point about records after just 4 years?

This is our longest EVER stretch in the Premier League.

That was our most successful EVER 4th season in the Premier League

Or to be serious..

This season was the most goals we have EVER scored in the Premier League.

This season was the best EVER wins in the Premier League.

Our best EVER shots on target in the Premier League

Joint top best EVER number of clean sheets in the Premier League

Those seem pretty good....if only after 4 years...
All of that with Ibe playing his part :utc::utc:;);):utc::utc:

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

As usual Spread sheet Druss can prove anything to himself unless it involves one of Ibes better games.

Points tally’s vary for reasons. You can have a year where the bottom team give everyone six points and a year where they only narrowly go down. You can have years where the top six give people nothing or a year where a few of them are off the ball.

To me you have to judge it on what you see, what the management and players say and whether you see the players in front of you visually getting better, staying the same or getting worse.

To me it’s been our poorest year in this league. Eddie also has talked about the strange inconsistency that has crept in. Players haven’t always looked happy and sulk with each other on pitch.

How many players that were with us last year (so we can judge) are better than last season. I’d say weeman and that’s it. Maybe Wilson. Everyone else has stayed the same or gone backwards. That’s really poor. We have had four injections of 100m plus and still haven’t rectified the ability to defend, play a five man midfield or a plan b of attacking.

Yes, every year we stay in this division is a fillip for us older fans but is that the level of our ambition? To stay in the PL, not look to really progress in cups? Not attack Man City at all. That’s not the spirit of this club, that’s the spirit of Tony Pulis.

If I had one wish for this club it would be to start thinking beyond ‘we used to play Grimsby’ and to start to think like a PL club on and off the field. Improve the facilities, stop the endless nepotistic coaching appointments, attack the FA Cup one year. Start going at teams again. Let’s not become a West Brom let’s go back to the Eddie trademark football.

I think players that have improved this season are Ake, Wilson (all round game) and Fraser.
Boruc, S Cook, Smith, Daniels and King to me have all been about the same - and thats not a criticism I don't think because they are playing at prob their maximum. Of the others Ibe, Moussett and Begovic have been below par. Stan, L Cook, Francis have all had long term injuries so can't judge. Lerma and Brooks are new and have been excellent, Mepham has made a decent start.

I think players that have improved this season are Ake, Wilson (all round game) and Fraser.
Boruc, S Cook, Smith, Daniels and King to me have all been about the same - and thats not a criticism I don't think because they are playing at prob their maximum. Of the others Ibe, Moussett and Begovic have been below par. Stan, L Cook, Francis have all had long term injuries so can't judge. Lerma and Brooks are new and have been excellent, Mepham has made a decent start.

Daniels and King to me are back on last year as are Gosling and Surman. Certainly none of them have improved which for key players is a concern. I also think Ake hasn’t got better, he has stayed at the same consistent individual level but in a defence that conceded 70 goals with a few more errors from him

Daniels and King to me are back on last year as are Gosling and Surman. Certainly none of them have improved which for key players is a concern. I also think Ake hasn’t got better, he has stayed at the same consistent individual level but in a defence that conceded 70 goals with a few more errors from him
For me Gosling (I forgot about him!!) has been about the same - again he is prob at about his peak ability and he formed a decent partnership with Lerma for a lot of the season. Surman has had an injury blighted season so hard to tell.
I know it sounds like a scratched record from me but I think our continual re jigging of the team due to an appalling run of injuries has been the major factor in our inconsistency and poor run post November.

;