Season passes with a whimper?

DJ

Potential club record points tally for the Premier League

Potential for Ryan Fraser to top the number of assists, not just in England, but the top five divisions in Europe.

Potential all time record for goal/assists combo between a playing duo in Premier League history

Already set a record for goal/assists combo in a 38 game season

Top club on the south coast for a second season running

Unearthed Wales’ player of the season

It has been a very odd season. When you list everything the team has achieved it sounds like a very successful one BUT, the slightly lacklustre middle/end after a very strong start means I find it hard to get too excited about it.

Still, can't complain too much. We will just go again next year. Yay!! :)

A win would beat our club record for points in the PL, a draw will equalise it.

But the best will be finishing 12th, the same as last season (44 points).

2016-17 we finished 9th with 46 points.

Ryan could beat Hazard who took the lead again and is 1point in front.

I think it has been our poor second half of season that has done it.

But we have beaten Spurs in the league for the first time, so another plus.

So if your team Is on sky more do you have to pay more per month? I'm assuming someone from Bournemouth pays the same as someone from Newcastle to have Sky?

So if your team Is on sky more do you have to pay more per month? I'm assuming someone from Bournemouth pays the same as someone from Newcastle to have Sky?

No, but they’re selling a product and Newcastle are more popular so that gives them more potential subscribers.

Just like in the Championship, Leeds could be bottom of the table or league leaders/bottle jobs, they will always be shown more frequently than anyone else.

It’s all based on viewing figures as the higher the number of viewers of each club, the more Sky can charge advertisers.

Regretfully, our fan base worldwide is very small compared to Newcastle, West Ham, Everton etc. Plucky Cardiff provided entertainment for the neutrals, but less viewers wanted to watch Boring Burnley, and Stains or submissive Huddersfield and I’m afraid, nothing to play for Bournemouth and Watford.

This will be 38 out of 38 for myself and the Good Lady : )
Knowing her as I do and what she goes through just to get out of bed and dressed, I am very chuffed to have a wife that loves the Cherries that much (if only she felt the same about me : ) )
Also a heart felt thank you to the club for putting on the transport : ) There's not many Premier League clubs that do.

This will be 38 out of 38 for myself and the Good Lady : )
Knowing her as I do and what she goes through just to get out of bed and dressed, I am very chuffed to have a wife that loves the Cherries that much (if only she felt the same about me : ) )
Also a heart felt thank you to the club for putting on the transport : ) There's not many Premier League clubs that do.
Well done to you both.....great effort (y)(y)

A win would beat our club record for points in the PL, a draw will equalise it.

But the best will be finishing 12th, the same as last season (44 points).

2016-17 we finished 9th with 46 points.

Ryan could beat Hazard who took the lead again and is 1point in front.

I think it has been our poor second half of season that has done it.

But we have beaten Spurs in the league for the first time, so another plus.
Sincerely hope he does. Even if he comes 2nd or 3rd, it's been a very good year for him :)

Potential club record points tally for the Premier League

Potential for Ryan Fraser to top the number of assists, not just in England, but the top five divisions in Europe.

Potential all time record for goal/assists combo between a playing duo in Premier League history

Already set a record for goal/assists combo in a 38 game season

Top club on the south coast for a second season running

Unearthed Wales’ player of the season

Shows how far we've come. It has been a very different season in the Premier too, for many clubs, particularly the top 2 finish. It must be now viewed (if it wasn't before) as the toughest league in the world. So to finish fairly comfortably, along with those incredible stats, and considering our share of injuries, it's been a good season, as far as I am concerned. Yes, I would have liked for and indeed hoped for more points and a top 10 finish but it's still very good. Some really exceptional performances show how good this team can be on their day. Hopefully they'll take a good look at themselves through the close season and try and think of ways to improve consistency. I'm sure we'll be looking at a few more additions too. As long as today against Palace we play hard, no matter the result, there's plenty to be thankful for and to look forward to.

Another season not relegated ,another season closer to relegation . No complaints from me at the end of the day we’re still here .

Some people need to really calm down.OK not the result we wanted for the last game of the season but we have another season in the premier league - a squad so depleted with injuries I though JT was going to come on at some point. Just enjoy where we are - Eddie will sort things out during the summer and we will start again next season. utciad :utc:

Some people need to really calm down.OK not the result we wanted for the last game of the season but we have another season in the premier league - a squad so depleted with injuries I though JT was going to come on at some point. Just enjoy where we are - Eddie will sort things out during the summer and we will start again next season. utciad :utc:

That’s what I meant, not the finish we wanted.

Before the game the talk was about breaking records today as DJ mentioned at top of this thread, unfortunately none of it happened.

;